Just got an Sr9c

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by annoyinglylongname, Sep 12, 2014.

1. annoyinglylongname

annoyinglylongname New Member

Just got an Sr9c from Cabelas on sale for $399. It came in a cardboard box unlike my sr9s which came in plastic cases. To compensate ruger throws in a zip up rug, but I was quite pleased to see I got 2 each of the 17 round mags and one of the small ten rounders.
    I have to say that those grip extensions just plain suck and I prefer to just keep them naked, that way they are readily interchangeable with the 9c's big brother.
    Now if I can find some way to swap off those sleeves to take some of the sting out of the hugely expensive magazines. Too bad I can't get MecGars (pretty sure that's who is OEM mfg) direct that normally drops the price into the $25 range

2. Lshooter

Lshooter New Member

Bought my SR9C last fall and it came in the usual nice plastic case with a 10 and 17 round mag. I had no issues with the finger extension for the 10 round mag but don't use it because my little pinky fits perfectly on the grip without the extension. So far we have over 2200 flawless rounds through it plus the target is usually just a big hole in the center.

3. annoyinglylongname

annoyinglylongname New Member

I like the finger extension on the 10 rounder just fine, but those grip extenders for the 17 rounders will not likely see any use by me or my wife. The long mags in the little gun are not a problem in their natural state so they don't need little skirts to dress me up

4. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

I pocket carry my SR9c, and them there LONG mags just won't fit my pocket. ;)

I do really like my SR9c, except for the rear sight. Someday I'll find one I like and change it out. :D

Enjoy your new toy! :tiphat: