Just bought an LCP

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by island_boy, May 18, 2013.

1. island_boy

island_boy New Member

Literally fell in my lap last week. It is very nice. I've worn it around the house in a pocket holster (Blackhawk #2, it's a little big, need something better) and I don't even know it's there... love it! It even came w/ 200 rnds of FMJ...

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice,

Beautiful handgun.
    Im sure you will enjoy it.

Congratultions.
    Oh , btw, Welcome to Rugertalk forum.

Jim

3. SmokingGun

SmokingGun New Member

Congrats........terrific little pistol!

4. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congrats on the LCP

Welcome to the RugerTalk Forum !!

5. island_boy

island_boy New Member

Thanks - it'll go well with my '70's Security Six 4" and '73 pre-billboard 5.5" Stainless Single Six... I guess I'm a Ruger guy now... :)

IB

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats.....you will love the LCP.....awesome carry gun.....btw.....welcome to RT.....

7. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new addition

8. yooper

yooper New Member

Nice catch!lol Welcome! The LCP is a great gun.

9. SmokingGun

SmokingGun New Member

Congrats on the LCP!

10. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations on the new addition. Give us a range report when you take it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. RandyEA

RandyEA New Member

I just bought a Ruger LCP for my "concealed carry" weapon, but without a safety can I carry it safely with a round in the chamber?

12. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

You should be fine as long as you get a good holster which covers the trigger .

13. yooper

yooper New Member

Yup,just like Jbard said you are good to go with the right holster.These guns are made to be carried with one in the pipe,the covered and long trigger pull being your safety. I get your concern because it took me a long time as well to accept the no safety thing,but you will get over it. Take that thing apart,carry it around the house,dry fire with dummy loads till your wife screams at ya! Get to know it inside and out and it will put your mind at ease.:)

14. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

RandyEA - I carry mine hot - wouldn't carry any other way - and when it's not at my waist, it's in my FlashBang - wouldn't carry hot if I was worried about it at all! Plus I've modified with adjustable trigger and reduced power hammer springs, and this baby is still not going to get fired without sincere intent! Good purchase - great little ccw!

15. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

My wife carries a LCP, loaded +1 all the time........

16. RandyEA

RandyEA New Member

Thanks guys for all the experienced advice. It sets my mind at ease knowing you all agree about the safety of the weapon. Thanks for your advice. RandyEA

17. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

A great little pistol, safe, reliable and accurate. I have over 700 rounds threw my LCP without any kind of problem whatsoever. The new extended 7 round magazine from the Ruger store is a really nice addition for anyone who carries the LCP, it is long enough for a better hold on pistol, but not enough to bother while carrying it.

18. galladanb

galladanb New Member

New Ruger fan here... Just got my LCP and ran about 25 rounds thru it yesterday.

I like it. I think it will need a few mods for big ol fat hands, such as the Hogue grip rubber,
    and a 7 rd mag, to give my pinkie and next finger something to rest on for better control.

And I think I need a dab of white on the front site, because it is very hard to see
    in the dimly lighted range. I can only imagine about seeing the site on dark street some awful day...

I must say that after playing with the LCP, my Glock 19 felt huge and very heavy.

The size and weight of the LCP could spoil me for sure.

I didn't say how well I did target wise, because, I suc at shooting with either one, LOL!!!

Must go shoot more!!!!

19. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1376300834.996154.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1376300865.612705.jpg

Hogue makes a grip that actually uses the rear pin and fastens to the LCP. I bought the pink one on Amazon. They also come in black.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

20. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

The ladies love the pink grips.
    My wife has the pink ones on her Sig P238.

[​IMG]