Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally fell in my lap last week. It is very nice. I've worn it around the house in a pocket holster (Blackhawk #2, it's a little big, need something better) and I don't even know it's there... love it! It even came w/ 200 rnds of FMJ...

Here's a pic:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Nice,

Beautiful handgun.
Im sure you will enjoy it.

Congratultions.
Oh , btw, Welcome to Rugertalk forum.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - it'll go well with my '70's Security Six 4" and '73 pre-billboard 5.5" Stainless Single Six... I guess I'm a Ruger guy now... :)

IB

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats.....you will love the LCP.....awesome carry gun.....btw.....welcome to RT.....

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition. Give us a range report when you take it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a Ruger LCP for my "concealed carry" weapon, but without a safety can I carry it safely with a round in the chamber?

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
You should be fine as long as you get a good holster which covers the trigger .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup,just like Jbard said you are good to go with the right holster.These guns are made to be carried with one in the pipe,the covered and long trigger pull being your safety. I get your concern because it took me a long time as well to accept the no safety thing,but you will get over it. Take that thing apart,carry it around the house,dry fire with dummy loads till your wife screams at ya! Get to know it inside and out and it will put your mind at ease.:)

·
SweetPea10
41 Posts
RandyEA - I carry mine hot - wouldn't carry any other way - and when it's not at my waist, it's in my FlashBang - wouldn't carry hot if I was worried about it at all! Plus I've modified with adjustable trigger and reduced power hammer springs, and this baby is still not going to get fired without sincere intent! Good purchase - great little ccw!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys for all the experienced advice. It sets my mind at ease knowing you all agree about the safety of the weapon. Thanks for your advice. RandyEA

·
Registered
66 Posts
A great little pistol, safe, reliable and accurate. I have over 700 rounds threw my LCP without any kind of problem whatsoever. The new extended 7 round magazine from the Ruger store is a really nice addition for anyone who carries the LCP, it is long enough for a better hold on pistol, but not enough to bother while carrying it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Ruger fan here... Just got my LCP and ran about 25 rounds thru it yesterday.

I like it. I think it will need a few mods for big ol fat hands, such as the Hogue grip rubber,
and a 7 rd mag, to give my pinkie and next finger something to rest on for better control.

And I think I need a dab of white on the front site, because it is very hard to see
in the dimly lighted range. I can only imagine about seeing the site on dark street some awful day...

I must say that after playing with the LCP, my Glock 19 felt huge and very heavy.

The size and weight of the LCP could spoil me for sure.

I didn't say how well I did target wise, because, I suc at shooting with either one, LOL!!!

Must go shoot more!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts