June 6th, 1944...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHOOTER13, Jun 6, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Never forget the sacrifices laid down by the greatest generation on the beaches of Normandy, France and beyond on June 6th, 1944...so that the world may live free of tyranny.

[​IMG]

" Courage does not mean you're not scared...it means you go into harms way anyway..."

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Many brave american men gave it al on that beach that day.

Thank you so much.

God Bless them all.

Jim

3. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

My mother's first husband was one of those.

I agree, God Bless them all.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

My uncle was one of those who landed on Omaha beach. Even before they got off the boats, many of them were cut in half by machine gun fire. He said that he didn't think he was going to live on past that day. One has to remember that a lot of those who made the ultimate sacrifice was only about 20 years old. Some were much older and some were younger. One has to look at the battle scenes photos, films and movies to realize the fear that they must of had. Fortunately my uncle got on the beach without getting hit although another tragedy lie before him. It was called Dachau. He said that many of those who arrived at the slave labor camp, with 4 years of combat under their belt, could do nothing but stare and cry. They could not even give them chocolate bars or part of their rations due to the fact that many would die if they ingested a lot of food immediately. Let us pray that this never happens again in this eroding conditions that overseas and here in the states that we may have to endure

Tommy

5. Joey

Joey New Member

My grandfather was in the 3rd wave @ Utah beach and thank God he made it I have a beautiful 98k mauser as a souvenir that he sent home. I stare at it wondering just what kind of horrible tales it could tell God bless the U.S.A. and all the men who never came home

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Tommy, I just now got to read this. An excellent delivery of a left hook under the ribs followed by a right cross to the temple.

I don't believe in Hades, but you have reminded me (I can forget for hours at a time) that Hell keeps showing up here on Earth.

I have saved your reminder. So far it is credited to "Tommy", but if you PM me I will do better.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I used to mow the yard of my next door neighbor when I was 10 or 12 years old. I new he was disabled but didn't know why until he told me once his story. He was hit multiple times on that beach.

My grandfather's brother wis injured in Italy. Again, I knew he was not right, I always thought he was just slow until I heard his story. He was riding a truck that was hit by a German artillery shell. He had no physical wounds but on that day his mind quit growing. He mentally never left 1944.