Jefferson Davis & The Alamo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tommycourt, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Harry Reid, one of our most beloved statesman and senator made a statement the other day, after the Confederate flag was pulled down from South Carolina that the bronze statue of Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederacy should be taken down also as it is also offensive. Myself, my belief is that if the state wants to take it down from the courthouse then it's up to the individual states. A person may fly the flag from their home premises. Many consider the flag to be not one of racial bias, but a legacy of history which should be taught and remembered. Next, should he have his way of thinking, then we should tear down the Alamo as I am sure that it is representative of the racial bias of the times in Texas. Now the Alamo is considered a shrine as should the statue of Jefferson Davis. During the Civil War, Americans on both sides fought for their individual freedom. During the battle of the Alamo, many of Americans fought for the love of freedom and the right to become eventually a state. The standard of freedom was lost to many for what they considered their rights regardless of which war they fought. I would imagine soon that Teddy Roosevelt will be taken off Mount Rushmore as he fought in the Spanish American war. When and what is going to stop the PC police from infringing upon the rights of our liberties and the justice that our former countrymen and women fought for? Blood was spilled by many during our past 200+ years by many, but somehow that ideology has been lost and I bet they don't even teach it in schools anymore. Do the young people realize that FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!! It was bought and paid for with everyday citizens and they paid the ultimate price. Lest we so easily forget.
    Tommy

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Excellent wording Tommy. I have cut and pasted your post into another forum because it was perfectly said.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Good post...thanks for sharing !

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Tommy,

I totally agree with you.

I wish our ignorant politicians, would stop trying to be popular, and stand for our nations best interest and history,

Well said my friend.

Wouldnt it be awesome if we could see your statement plastered all over the TV ? No way thats gonna happen.:mad:

Jim

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yep Tommy you are absolutely right all the way around. They want to destroy any history of this country.
    I just saw a video where an elementary teacher had the kids singing a praise to Obama. The teacher was probably forbidden to have the kids recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the USA.
    When the SHTF happens the older generations will be the first to go. It sort of resembles book burning. Get rid of all knowledge of our country's history and the Constitution. What a shame so many fought and died for the freedoms only this country once had. Yes I did say "HAD".
    I would so love to see this Independence Day that there would be nation wide prayer for the reclaiming what this country stands for be revived and lived by. Now that would be a reason to really set off the fireworks.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    I so much agree with you. With all the activities that are going on, surely we can take a few minutes with a prayer and give thanks for all those who served, regardless of which war it was and give thanks and remembrance.
    Tommy

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Thank you and for your kind words. I just hope that it sinks in to at least a few of the people today. I would like to know what is being taught in schools today as far as history and the cost of freedom means. People take so much for granted and forget how we got there. The politicians have seemed to have forgotten also. It's a tragedy and a shame that we don't take the time, meaning teachers and politicians to express these views and try to teach them to a younger generation. Life is too precious to waste on frivolities and the me syndrome. Somewhere it has to stop.
    Tommy

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt