It's Official, Ruger Announces New Striker Fired LC9

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by robkarrob, Jul 29, 2014.

1. robkarrob

robkarrob New Member

From the Ruger.com website, Firearms News:

Link: Ruger Firearms News

Bob

UPDATE: Video of the new LC9s

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFbj9M1qUws[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

This seems interesting

3. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

ok! now when will they follow it up with a .380 version?

4. robkarrob

robkarrob New Member

I would bet money a 380 caliber model will not be far behind. Ruger will likely soon discontinue making the original hammer fired LC9/LC380, now that the striker model is selling.

Bob

5. trainman

trainman Member

Has anyone handled one yet. My local shop said it would be a month before they saw one. When they do, my LC9 is gone, and I will have the s version. I really don't like the trigger pull on my LC9.

6. smart09

smart09 Mike Parker

Have It, so far so good, LC9s....

I picked up a LC9s at a gun show yesterday in Tyler, Texas. I traded my LCP and some extra mags & a few dollars. It feels sweet & I love the striker firing system. They were selling for $339.99, plus tax. I will get to the range this Thursday or Friday & repost. if you want the name & info on Gun Store send me a pm. They were a nice couple from Pollok, Texas, funny right. Another cool thing is everything works off the LC9, holsters, sights, lasers, mags, etc.
    And the trigger pull is sweet, actually real sweet!

Mike Parker

7. trainman

trainman Member

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate your report. I will be doing the same thing here in Utah as soon as I can find one to buy and take my LC0. I can't wait to hear how it is to actually shoot.

8. pokerace

pokerace New Member

I have one. went to the range to try it love the trigger, hate the sights. Shoot's about 6-8 inches low. Have a set of fire sights coming, so will be changing.

9. smart09

smart09 Mike Parker

Wow, I took my new LC9s to the range & my sites were dead on from the factory. I did put a Pachmayer grip on it & it shot great. Caught a good, not great deal on eBay for two 9 round factory mags & that was nice. It only comes with one 7 rounder, (come on Ruger). I think my son & I put about 200 rounds through it without a hiccup. It is my new EDC and I am ordering some more 9MM soon. :) I want some Williams Fire site too, I just like them. At 64 I need all the help I can get.......... :eek:

Mike Parker

10. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Glad to hear how u like it smart...

11. samson

samson New Member

I am interested in hearing a comparison of the new LC9s and an old LC9 with a Galloway Precision trigger and spring upgrade.

12. trainman

trainman Member

I just put about 100 rounds through my new lc9s. It is really great. I hardly notice any difference between the trigger and the trigger in my XD. Very short and smooth. It was even better if I just let it reset and shoot again, and not let it come completely out. It may shoot a little low, or I may just shoot a little low. I have no problems with it.
    I now have an lc9 for sale. cheap.

13. pokerace

pokerace New Member

At what distance were you shooting? I have one that was shooting 6" low at 24' Changed to fire sights (had to file to fit} first shot was dead center
    (maybe fluke} Had a problem getting the CT laser sighted in, but works now. I went back to the flat base on the mag. I thought I was putting to much pressure on it causing it to drop the mag.

14. gene814

gene814 gene814

Did anyone notice in this Ruger review, that he was wearing a Glock hat? I have an LC380 and want an LC9. Glad I waited for the LC9s because I really like my striker fired guns.

15. smart09

smart09 Mike Parker

pokerace,

I was shooting at about 20 Feet. I have changed to "Fire Sights" as well but have not been to range. The rear is a little adjustable & the change may have brought the barrel up. I also think we sight better at my age, 64, with the fiber optic sights.

Who knows, just glad its on for you. I picked up two 9 round mags & the LC9s has become my favorite EDC.

16. Trueblu123

Trueblu123 New Member

Picked one up earlier in the week and spent the evening on the range with it. Range ammo, hornady critical defense it all fed like a charm. At 25 yards filled the B silhouette without much work. Nice work, Ruger!

17. trainman

trainman Member

I was shooting various sized steel targets, some small, at about 20 yards. All I can say if I can shoot that gun right out of the box as well as I did the sights are not that bad. I am not a great shot and did really well. Two others were with me, and shot the gun just as well. So I would say that the sights on my gun are just fine.

18. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

I checked one out at my LGS and it was pretty nice. I was seriously thinking of buying thr LC9, glad I didn't. I will have one before long, haggling over price. Got to do the dance you know.

19. smart09

smart09 Mike Parker

Great Customer Service

My LC9s shoots great. I really like the pistol a lot, it is my EDC. I had an issue where my magazines seemed to come unlocked to easy. I called Ruger, they emailed me a shipping label. They replaced Grip frame, one 7 round mag, two 9 round mags, magazine latch spring & guide rod. On top of that turn around was one week & they sent me a Ruger Cleaning Cloth free of charge. I know a cleaning cloth doesn't cost them a lot; however its not about the cloth, its about the great customer service and attitude of Ruger.

Thank you Ruger, I am a devoted fan. :)

Mike Parker

20. dug23

dug23 New Member

I picked mine up a few weeks ago. I love it. The trigger safety dies seem to be a lil harsh I. The regards it's leaving a blister on my trigger finger but it's to fun to stop shooting.... Definitely an improvement.