It's been years...

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by rugertoter, Jun 28, 2019.

1. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

It has been years since I have owned a 1911, or anything in .45 ACP for that matter. I figured I would "cull the herd" a little bit, and came home with this:

[​IMG]

It is the SR1911 Commander Stainless. I will be taking it, and my G43X to the range tomorrow to shoot...we'll see how it does.

:)

1EyedTanker and quirky like this.
  2. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Welp, ran one box of Remington 230 grain ball through this wonderful pistol this morning, and it ran 100%! I shot at my usual one second interval, from 30'. I found this 1911 comes right back on target nicely.

[​IMG]

Top two 6" plates are the 1911, and the bottom two are my G43X in 9mm. The 36 oz. 1911 was more steady in my hands than my way lighter Glock, and the targets reflect that.

1EyedTanker, buster40c and quirky like this.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

WOW In your hands that's quite a shooter for sure. Sometimes bigger is better as they say and that looks like it proves it. Good shooting.
    Personally I like shooting the 45 acp and a 1911 trigger makes it even more enjoyable.

1EyedTanker and rugertoter like this.
  4. robmkivseries70

robmkivseries70 New Member

Looks good to me, I just got a LW 9mm commander and am very pleased.
    Best,
    Rob

rugertoter likes this.
  5. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Sounds cool. Got any pics to post up?

6. robmkivseries70

robmkivseries70 New Member

Thanks for the reply, as of now I don't have any pics. The good news is that it looks just like the advertised pistols with the Gray anodizing. While it was H O T here yesterday we did get out for a few rounds and I have begun calling it boringly reliable. One thing that concerned me was the lighter recoil spring yet Ruger says it's fine for +P and NATO 9mm. hth
    Best,
    Rob

rugertoter likes this.
  7. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

Which gun was the one that didn't hit the plates and I'll be sure not to buy that one LOL....
    This-simple-idea-changed-my-life (2).jpg

rugertoter likes this.
  8. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Very good choice!

rugertoter likes this.
  9. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

LOL! I usually shoot my Glocks very well, but after shooting that 1911, my front sight would "wander" all over that 6" plate.

I went out a couple of days later with my G19 and G43X again...1911 stayed home that time...and I shot the Glocks pretty tight. My confidence was back again, but the 1911 really is a rock solid shooting platform.