IT HAD TO HAPPEN

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by MARYANN, Dec 30, 2019.

1. MARYANN

MARYANN Member

Anyone remember just when this site died

2. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

No, but I do remember "when the music died". :(

3. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

If by "site died" you mean when was the mass exodus of many of the past Ruger Talk members, I believe it was in November of 2017.

4. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Well, I have to admit, this is one of the slower ones I'm on.

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, there was some kind of a big shake up back then. A bunch of members, moderators and administrators bailed, or were run off, don't really know what it was all about but this is what is left of RugerTalk, not much compared to what it was.

rugertoter likes this.
  6. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

I think it eventually happens to most sites. I know it has happened to quite a few that I am on.
    Usually it stems from the site getting sold and new owners establishing new rules that tick off old members.
    I usually just sit back and watch as the butt hurt crowd thins out and things settle into a groove. Then I jump back in.
    Often times the ones that bailed out were the ones that stirred things up in a negative way, but we always loose some good ones too.
    Thats just how it goes sometimes.

rugertoter likes this.
  7. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Heard that. I have been on this one forum, for 10 years now, and for the most part, it has this "handful" of dudes on there that do nothing, but run down anything that is not in their "little group" of know-it-all's.

I just shovel the their garbage right back at them. :D