Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you conceal carry on a regular basis, is your EDC a Ruger? Which model do you prefer? What is your SD ammo of choice? Do you prefer IWB, OWB, Pocket, Ankle, Shoulder or SOB?

My current EDC is a Ruger LCR 357 with Buffalo Bore low flash tactical short barrel ammo. It rides in an Akers OWB rig. I will probably switch to a CompTac or similar rig as I prefer the added security and stealthiness of IWB carry.

One of my alternates to the LCR is my CZ 75 Compact 9mm stoked with Federal HSTs riding in a UBG IWB Striker rig. I also sometimes carry my Ruger SR1911 with Federal HSTs. It rides in OWB Mitch Rosen gun hide. I'll be switching that to a Milt Sparks VMII soon.

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
My EDC is a Springfield XDs 45 cal / loaded with Hornady TAP 230 gr +P.

With a Allen OWB/IWB holster.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
My EDC is a Bersa Thunder 380 loaded with Zombiemax in an ankle holster. I also have a Ruger SR40c loaded with Criminal Defense I carry in a OWB holster but quit wearing a belt a few months ago so it's been left behind lately.

·
Banned
410 Posts
My EDC is Springfield Range Officer. I carry IWB and it works great for me. I do have an IWB holster for my SR9 and used to carry it regular....The wife took it. Good for her, she really likes the SR9.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I have a few different EDCs. Working its a Glock 22, not working its either a Glock 23, 27 or a keltec P3AT. Some day if I can find one at the right price the keltec will get replaced with an LCP, I've had the keltec for years without a problem, but I like the little upgrades of the LCP.

Ammo choice is FMJ (no need to argue, you can carry your HP and I'll carry my FMJ)

holster choice is IWB when not working (pocket carry for the P3AT)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts

My EDC ,90% of the time.
BULLDOG !!

Jim

·
Registered
213 Posts
My EDC is a Ruger SR40c loaded with Federal Guard Dog femj's (full expansion metal jackets) in a owb Mitch Rosen holster...

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just a plain simple Ruger SR40C

Attachments

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
My EDC is a Ruger LCP with a Crimson laser, I carry it on my ankle in a Silent Partner holster....Plus I carry a SR40C with a Crimson laser, in an Uncle Mike's sidekick holster......Both guns have Hornady Zombie Max ammo......

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
My one and only Ruger SR40C

Just a plain simple Ruger SR40C
Good day today, out and about Gun fully loaded, round in chamber (Manual Safety on) This is my second week breaking in the 3 Speed Holster (New to conceal carry). Decided I would take baby steps.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I carry a blued Security Six... 2.75" 357 mag. Sometimes I carry two of them, if I'm going out with my family, my second one is stainless.

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Good day today, out and about Gun fully loaded, round in chamber (Manual Safety on) This is my second week breaking in the 3 Speed Holster (New to conceal carry). Decided I would take baby steps.
Just never was comfortable putting a pistol where I keep my jewels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One of my two EDCs is an LCR-XS .38spl +P.

It's loaded with Cor-Bon DPX Barnes 110gr. +P.

It's carried in a Galco/Ruger OWB or a Simply Rugged Pocket Holster.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts