Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this and sure got me thinkin,
I think it goes in politics, its about our screwed up gubment.

Some very sensible thoughts:

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents' permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the only school curriculum allowed to explain how we got here is evolution, but the government stops a $15 million construction project to keep a rare spider from evolving to extinction ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote who runs the government ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but sends 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is "cute", but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested homes... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the government's plan for getting people back to work is to be an incentive NOT working with 99 weeks of Unemployment checks and no requirement to prove they applied but can't find work ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TV's and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

Jim

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Sad but true...this is the America we now live in.

...and for the record, I DIDN'T vote for him....twice !!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's ok phideaux I may borrow that.

Agreed, sad but true.

Be my guest, I borrowed it myself.

Abouy as straight forward truth as it gets.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not EVER met, or talked to anyone that did vote for him.

They tell me that ,we can be certain, for sure, BinLaden is dead ,

Because his name showed up , voting in Chicago, last election.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Id be willing to wager a bet,
If he could (he might) run in 2016.

He would win again.

Santa Claus is very popular.

JMHO.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Geeeez, who da thunk it...

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Subject:*WHO IS ED MEZVINSKY?
Who is Ed Mezvinsky?**** Edward "Ed" Mezvinsky* born*January 17, 1937, is a former*Democratic*congressman.**
***** As a**Democrat, he represented*Iowa*'s 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives for two terms, from 1973 to 1977.**
**** He sat on the House Judiciary Committee that decided the fate of Richard Nixon. He and the Clinton's were very politically intertwined for years.

*** In March 2001, Mezvinsky was indicted and later pleaded*guilty to 31 of 69 charges*of bank fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud.*
*** He was sentenced to 80 months in (Federal) prison.

**** Ed Mezvinsky embezzled more than*$10 million dollars*from people via both a ponzi scheme and the notorious Nigerian e-mail scams.

**** After serving five years in federal prison, he was released in April* 2008.** He* remained on federal probation through 2011, and* still owes*$9.4 million*in restitution to his victims.
*** So who is he?* He's*Chelsea Clinton's father-in law.*

Has anyone heard mention of this in any of the media? If this guy was Jenna or Barbara Bush's, or better yet, Sarah Palin's daughter's,* father-in- law, the news would be an everyday headline.
Some say there is*no double standard in politics*. . . s-u-r-e there isn't!
Found this tid bit to be very interesting.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking more and more like the 2nd ammendment is in trouble.

I seen some of this on one of the talk shows other wise I have not checked it out it is something to think about......

Subject:******** From the Owners of McMillan Mfg. in Phoenix, Arizona

From the Owners of McMillan Mfg. in Phoenix, Arizona.
McMillan Mfg. in Phoenix, Arizona, was contacted by Bank of America and informed that they will no longer be allowed to use their services (Bank of America) because they are in the firearms business and support the second amendment.

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking (Bank of America) came to my office.

He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.

He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and has become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.” “That is correct”, he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2 nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone I know that* Bank of America is not firearms-industry friendly?

“You have to do what you must”, he said. “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?” Mr. Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2 nd amendment “right to keep and bear arms” should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position, I cannot, in good conscience support them.

We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of American credit cards as payment for our products.

I am fine with you re-posting it… Thank You for your support.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC 623-582-9635tel:623-582-9635
1638 W Knudsen Dr.
Phoenix, Arizona 8502
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision
I urge all of my friends to do the same! If I could only get everybody to stand up for the Constitution of The United States we might not have this problem!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sure hope Im not breakin any rules , by trying to keep us informed .

Jim

Gun Owners of America
Feinstein Angry as Majority of the Senate
Votes to Ban Gun Control
Senate staffer says “gun grabbers were livid” and “DiFi was pissed”

On Friday, GOA asked you to contact your Senators and urge them to support the Lee amendment which would require Senators to muster 67 votes before adopting gun control legislation. You responded to the call, and the results were very encouraging.

The good news is that a majority of Senators supported the Lee amendment by a 50-49 vote. The bad news is, since the Senate rules requires 60 votes, the Lee amendment fell ten votes short.

Click here to see how your Senators voted on the Lee amendment.

Part of GOA’s strategy for defeating Harry Reid’s gun control bill (S. 649) has been to put Senators on record and force them to reveal where they stand on gun rights. Are they going to stand with us, or are they going to follow Obama down the road to further gun control restrictions and, therefore, require additional pressure from their constituents?

One high-level Senate staffer, commenting about the vote on the Lee amendment which took place at 4 a.m. Saturday morning, told GOA that, “The gun grabbers were livid when Senator Lee forced the vote. Mark Pryor looked nervous as hell, and DiFi [aka, Dianne Feinstein] was pissed.”

GOA’s strategy was realized twice Saturday when two key amendments were offered to the budget resolution — one amendment by Senator Lee, the other by Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK).

Six Democrats and all but one Republican (Mark Kirk of Illinois) voted in favor of the Lee Amendment which would make S. 649 impossible to pass. Again, this is because the Lee amendment would have required anti-gun Senators to muster 67 votes (rather than a simple majority of 51 votes) before gun control could be adopted.

There were six “Red State” Democrats who voted Against the Lee amendment — Senators Mark Begich (AK), Tim Johnson (SD), Tim Kaine (VA), Mary Landrieu (LA), Harry Reid (NV) and Mark Warner (VA). Gun owners in these states should be sure to voice their displeasure with these Senators.

The other provision — an anti-UN treaty amendment offered by Sen. Inhofe — passed by a 53-46 margin. *53 senators, including eight Democrats, voted for the Inhofe amendment to kill the UN Arms Trade Treaty — a treaty that would impose gun registration and possibly even ban handguns and semi-autos, while creating a microstamping requirement that would be technologically impossible to comply with. You can see how your Senators voted on the Inhofe amendment here.

Anti-gun Mary Landrieu and Harry Reid voted wrong on both amendments — and even refused to join the eight Democrats who oppose the UN Arms Trade Treaty. This treaty could be self-executing and could, without further legislation, force the U.S. to implement gun registration and bans on semi-autos and handguns.

Gun owners in Louisiana and Nevada, you have some homework to do — Mary Landrieu and Harry Reid need to hear from you!

GOA will keep you updated on the status of Harry Reid’s gun control bill (S. 649), which will be voted on right after Easter break.
Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102
Springfield, VA 22151 703-321-8585
www.gunowners.org

·
Registered
148 Posts
GE Capital Bank

Looking more and more like the 2nd ammendment is in trouble.

I seen some of this on one of the talk shows other wise I have not checked it out it is something to think about......

Subject:******** From the Owners of McMillan Mfg. in Phoenix, Arizona

From the Owners of McMillan Mfg. in Phoenix, Arizona.
McMillan Mfg. in Phoenix, Arizona, was contacted by Bank of America and informed that they will no longer be allowed to use their services (Bank of America) because they are in the firearms business and support the second amendment.

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking (Bank of America) came to my office.

He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.

He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and has become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.” “That is correct”, he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2 nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone I know that* Bank of America is not firearms-industry friendly?

“You have to do what you must”, he said. “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?” Mr. Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2 nd amendment “right to keep and bear arms” should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position, I cannot, in good conscience support them.

We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of American credit cards as payment for our products.

I am fine with you re-posting it… Thank You for your support.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC 623-582-9635tel:623-582-9635
1638 W Knudsen Dr.
Phoenix, Arizona 8502
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision
I urge all of my friends to do the same! If I could only get everybody to stand up for the Constitution of The United States we might not have this problem!
************************************************​

A few months ago I bought a Marlin 336 from Bud's. I had previously purchased a Savage 22 rifle from Buds as well as ammo, accessories and other assorted goodies. On the orders of accessories only GE Capital accepted the transaction but when I ordered the Marlin Bud's informed me that GE Capital no longer finances gun orders. More bias. And one more byebye. When they are paid off the cards go under the scalpel, in the mail and back from whence they came with a nasty letter expounding on the fact that their attitude is prejudicial and anti-American. If I could get really nasty on the forum I would. But since I can't, please, each one of you who feel so inclined please feel free to cuss and fume (in the privacy of your own group of friends of course), and call these people dirty names, and be sure to mention me in the tirade. :D

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did I just hear this right?

Please educate me if Im wrong about this, or even if Im right.

I think I heard a congressman, arguing for the Keystone pipeline, which is becoming more favorable, SAY this, "We will be deporting this oil to friendly countries ,not unfriendly countries ".:confused::confused:

He said we would be buying 800,000 barrels a day (40% of what we NOW buy from haters of USA) .:cool:

Soooooo, we sell OUR (bought from friendly Canada) oil, while still paying $100/barrel for oil from our enemies.:confused:
Arent we friendly with ourself enough to sell it to our self ?:confused:

Also who are these friendly countries he speaks of.:confused:

IMO.personally ,I like to keep our oil here, and screw our enemy haters of America. Only sell them Levis.;)

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Where one item is declared a evil bad thing, my guns and mags.

I want them to present legislature TODAY, to ban all bladed items, box cutters, exacto knives, utility knves, pen knives, razors, even pencils.

After the tragedy in Texas today , where one guy , cut and stabbed about 14 people, 4 life threatening, at a Texas University.

Ban Ban Ban.

Better go get a box cutter, utilty knife, before they fly off the shelves, or triple in price due to gouging, and all the fear and hoarding.;)

Hey if your gonna be stupid..... might as well be stupider.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:eek:

1 - 20 of 253 Posts