Is this a good deal for 9mm?

Discussion in 'In Stock' started by Ernesto, Dec 4, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

At the link below I see a few Aguila 9mm for .20 a round. What can break the deal is the freight.
    http://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger
    There are quite a few reloads for under .17 a round.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

The Aguila ammo is not a bad ammo however @.24 cents per round is not a GREAT price but not bad. I can reload 9mm with 115 RN Berry for about .11 cents per round. The Aguila seems to fire okay and I used to shoot some, but not a great lot of it before I started reloading it. I didn't have many FTF although did have a few. As Buster states though, the freight could be the price breaker. I would suggest calling the vendor and get the freight costs first as you may be able to buy the same ammo south of me at the same cost if the freight is high. Something to think about it all.

Tommy

3. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Our local Wally World has Win 115 gr brass case for just under .25 cents per (before tax) in 200 round boxes. No ammo can of course.
    Lately they've had a bunch of it.
    You guys have them over there?

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

The Aguila 9mm has hard primers...YMMV

5. hodge

hodge New Member

My wallyworld has Perfecta 115 grain 9MM for 19 cents a round.
    I've run quite a bit of it without issue.

6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Aguila is ok. I'd rate it about the same as Blazer Brass. It's not as good as Magtech or the Federal fmj as its kind of dirty. But I've never had Aguila fail to go bang. I'd pay .20 for it if I couldn't get Magtech.

7. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Not understanding the "hard Primers" post Shooter? Difference is?

And is Perfecta brass or steel? I don't mind me some Italian ammo as I'm Sicilian.

8. hodge

hodge New Member

Perfecta is brass.

I've been shooting their 357 magnum in my Henry- $16.47 for 50 rounds.

9. Ernesto

Well thats two I need stocking up on - .357 and 9mm. But I'm just a poor white child so I need to be careful about my ammo purchases.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  10. hodge

hodge New Member

You're not the only one. I buy a box or two at a time, when I find it for a good price. Lately, Walmart has had the Perfecta market down, so I've been buying it. Slow and steady wins the race.

11. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Up here in the PNW there is chain of stores called Bi-Mart, and periodically they list 9mm by various makers of just under $10.00 per box of 50, when I see them I try to jump on them, but they are nearly an hour away, last time I had the wife stop in and she brought me 3 boxes of Blazer brass home, could have knocked me over with a feather. LOL
    Gotta love that woman! Most of the time Big-5 thinks they are doing you a favor if they list a special of Win White box at $15 and FMJ practice rounds at that.
    Gabby

12. Ernesto

Ten bucks for fifty?!!! Did they forget the powder? ;)

13. Gabby

Gabby New Member

I've shot up a box full and every one went bang and punched a hole in the paper. What more can I expect out of 115gr FMJ ammo, and I have 50 more cases to reload. That's win, win for me! :D
    The tough part for me is rounding them back after shooting.
    My SR9C pitches them pretty far especially on concrete at the range.
    After 70 getting up and down isn't as easy as it once was. LOL
    What part of S. AZ Tucson?
    I was raised in Tempe and lived in the Prescott area most of my life until we retired to Commie Oregon, that was a mistake! Didn't know it was so bad until we made the move and then we were stuck. :mad:
    Gabby