Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sccampbell-2016, Jul 5, 2016.

1. sccampbell-2016

sccampbell-2016 New Member

Ladies and Gents

My name is Curtis. I grew up hunting and fishing in South Mississippi and Louisiana and began hunting with my Father in the late 50s. I mainly hunt whitetails but also hunt small game and hogs. I hunt with bow and firearms. Although lever actions rifles are my preference I still admire and own various other rifles, shotguns, and handguns. I have a number of Rugers to include a 44 Redhawk, Mini Thirty, 44 Deerfield, and a M44 carbine. I have taken many deer with the M44 carbine and it is one of my all time favourite rifles. I also reload various rifle and pistol calibers. I look forward to learning from the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining,

I would imagine that you will be able to expand our knowledge also, with your experience.

Jim

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome, SC. I get the feeling you ain't going to learn anything from me. On the other hand, I know what Deerfield is, but what's an M44 carbine?

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas. :tiphat:
    Those Ruger .44 rifles are said to be some fine shooters. I've seen em, never shot one.
    Glad to have you here at R/T.

6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to R/T. Looking at your intro, it sounds like you can teach us just as much as you can learn from us. Looking forward to what you can tell us. BTW be aware, some of us may seem cranky, grumpy, or just plain crotchety, but it's all in good fun, especially if you jump in and mix it up with us...(for proof read some recent comments on just about any post here.) Don't be afraid to throw your .02 into the conversation.

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT. " Cranky, grumpy, or just plain crotchety"? Who could you possibly be talking about?
    Forget the .02, throw a dollars worth in the bucket.

8. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum!Enjoy your stay and don't be shy!

9. sccampbell-2016

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. VT, the M44 is the first 44 carbine that Ruger came out with in the early 60s, I think they dropped it from production sometime in the 80s. The M44 has a tubular magazine much like a shotgun and has a receiver/action that resembles the 10/22.

10. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Wow! That's one heck of an intro!
    Welcome! We're real happy you've joined us!
    Can't wait to read your input and stories!

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Thanks, SC. I owned - and hunted with - a Ruger 44 carbine sometime in the 70s. Seems like it looked like a beefy 10/22. Don't remember a tubular magazine, but there's a lot of stuff I don't remember.

12. Gr8_Outdoorsman

Gr8_Outdoorsman New Member

Sounds like you "need" to add one of those lever action Ruger 96/44s to the arsenal. I have a soft spot for the .44 carbines

13. sccampbell-2016

Gr8, I actually owned one. Bought it the first year Ruger came out with it and never shot it. Some years after I traded it to a guy I worked with for a Colt Anaconda in 45LC. I wish I would have kept the Ruger!

14. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

SC,
    Welcome to our forum and glad you joined. The only cranky, grumpy or just plain crotchety is the one above ^. If there's going to be any complaining or grumping, it's gonna be him and Bob(VT). The rest of us are kind, restive, laid back and easy going folks. And they are leg pullers so pull up your trousers and hook on your suspenders, it will be just a short time and you will see what I mean.

Tommy (the charitable one) from the land of the sizzling sun Az.

15. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

leg pull.jpg

Just be alert SC....

Jim