Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to be here and participate. About me:

74 year old retired Marine with 30 years in active service. Retired in 1989 as Master Gunnery Sergeant (E9). I was aboard ship off Cuba coast for both Bay of Pigs and Cuban missile crisis. Then three years in Vietnam. I was a mud Marine (infantry) for my entire career. Last challenge was the Grenada invasion. Wounded twice I Nam. Obviously they were survivable and I was lucky to have no residual effects from those wounds

I learned to shoot in basic using an M1. Then was issued an M14. I sharpshooter with both. The M14 was eventually replaced with an M16. Never qualified with it because when we got them we were busy shooting the enemy. When I was promoted to Sergeant (E5) I had to qualify with the M1911. Shot sharpshooter with it. Due to the combat death of a staff sergeant I was promoted to Staff Sergeant (E6). After being assigned as a platoon Sergeant I was issued an M1911. Because the early M16s tended to jam often I made sure to become a good pistol shooter.

Upon discharge I bought an M1911. Ten years ago I went to Beretta 9mm. Three years ago I injured both my rotator cuffs beyond surgical repair. Had problems with stability when shooting the Beretta so went to compact 9mm in the form of a Ruger Lc9. Got the Lc9s when it came out. I love it and I am so impressed with it. Did not get the Pro model since my experience with the M1911 made me quite used to safeties.

So that is my background. Glad to be onboard.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,
and thanks for the great introduction,

Hope you enjoy the forum,
also a veteran here, and thanks for your service.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and yes you sure have had quite the military life. I hope you have enjoyed your retirement as much as you enjoyed your military life.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to Ruger Talk!

Thank you for your service!

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Allen, thank you for joining RugerTalk and thank you for your service to this great country. I have provided a free premium membership to you for your sacrifices.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome to Ruger talk, thanks for your service. I also have the LC9 the more I shoot it the more I like it.:D

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

Thanks for joining us here at R/T and thanks for your career of service. :usa:

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Howdy from KY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts