Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Ruger fans. My user name is Alfie (A tribute to Alfred E Neuman of Mad Magazine renown). I own a Ruger pistol and an RPR rifle in .308. I hope to benefit from the experience of other owners with respect to those two firearms. I'm a sometimes hunter, boater, golfer and target shooter.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining..

Enjoy

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:welcome:Alfie

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to forum. An ex buckeye here in TX from Canton long ago.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Wecome to the forum and hope you enjoy our company. We enjoy all types of firearms regardless of manufacturer. Also, we really enjoy pics. It you have any please post them. BTW golf balls make excellent targets.

Tommy from the land of the sizzling sun-Az

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome Alfie,
Glad to have ya. If you don't mind me asking, what type of Ruger pistol do you have?

Hey Tommy,
For me basket balls are much better targets considering the way I shoot. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Howdy.......

·
Registered
551 Posts
Alfie,

Glad to have you on board. You have joined a forum of serious but lighthearted gun owners who have managed to keep out the rancor one often finds in other forums. There are some very knowledgeable folks. Dive in and enjoy the swim.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome, I also enjoy golf as well as guns. Use the Calloway Razor set, just not real well.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gentlemen, thank you all for the welcome. Knowledgeable answers are certainly why I am here. As far as my golf clubs; I have a theory that every new driver is only good for about twenty decent drives. Your friends will usually perform perfectly, every time you borrow it. But once you buy that same club, it's preloaded with a finite number of results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome Alfie,
Glad to have ya. If you don't mind me asking, what type of Ruger pistol do you have?

Hey Tommy,
For me basket balls are much better targets considering the way I shoot. Lol
I own a Mark III to which I've added all of the Volquartsen upgrades. I've topped it with a Bushnell TRS-25. At my age I tend to cheat. Gone are the days when I could put shots in the X ring with iron sights at the 50 yard line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts