Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team!
I just discovered that this forum exists. Thanks to the creators of this forum!!!
My question to the community is, Would you fire 185 grain bear loads in your LCR .357? I bought a box, but haven't tried them yet.

Thanks,

-> Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the past, Ruger use to "zero in" fixed revolver sites with 158 gr. How will the heavier round effect the POA trajectory?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, i shoot mostly 158 gr. .357 or 38 +p and some Critical defense at range, LCR is designed and intended for self defense. If i was planning on encountering something that required that type of ammo i would take a Blackhawk or GP-100 along or even a Redhawk .44 mag. If you are pushing .357 performance to the limit, the LCR is not the ideal weapon to use.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: LCR .357 185 Grain

I would not consider using something as small as a 357 on a bear. 300gr 44 minimum.

The 357 is getting too slow with a bullet that heavy. You're losing a lot of energy.

If you're worried about recoil though...the Alaskan series from Ruger is a far harsher snub. Would make the 357lcr recoil feel like a 22. Hahaha.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
907 Posts
Rich, let me clarify. As long as the 185 grain load is within the specs of the revolver, go for it. I wouldn't expect it would be very pleasant, but could yield a nice fireball.

A larger, steel-framed revolver would yield better results for that round.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT.....

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts