Internet to be heavily censored.

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by buster40c, Apr 8, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Germany supposedly just passed legislation to bring law suits against Facebook and other social media for allowing fake news reports. In other words Facebook will have an excuse for their being forced to censor content. Now just who is going to research what news is fake? OOPS! I wasn't supposed to ask that question. 1st Amendment getting slammed through another back door. Could Germany say this You Tube article is fake news? By using Germany behind this nobody can say it was the US government doing it.

Google is the largest search engine on the web and they also, from what I have read, now own You Tube. You Tube is heading into gun video censorship. http://www.guns.com/2017/04/07/youtube-gun-channels-rocked-by-demonetization-videos/
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2017-04-08&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

I may be wrong but I really do doubt a huge number of advertisers don't want their ads on a You Tube video channel that has thousands of hits per day because the videos content is about guns. I consider that as fake news. Advertisers pay big money to get their ads on high ranking visit count web sites but they are complaining their ads are on You Tube videos with gun content. I don't think so.

Actually Google is not only going after You Tube gun video producers but they are also going after many alternative news channels such as bloggers etc.

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Combine this with our free trade 1%er government favoring tiered bitspeed for the benefit of the well-heeled, and what do you end up with?

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

^^ Yep the internet will not be the information or social platform it has been. The last form of free speech has to be shut down according to those in power.