Internet censoring.

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by buster40c, Aug 14, 2018.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

In case you haven't heard the internet is undergoing a serious censoring by the high tech big names. You Tube, Google, Facebook, and other social platforms are censoring what you can see on the internet. Info Wars was banned from You Tube and search engines have all but made Info Wars all but invisible. It isn't just Info Wars but many alt conservative web sites have had their income from their web sites almost shut down. Now You Tube is doing its best to shut down any alternative natural health websites. It is getting to the point many alternative independent websites can't get any financial income except from subscribers and even that is becoming almost impossible to get through.

Unless Trump or Congress steps in big time to stop 1st Amendment rights being negated on the internet then you can bet we the people will be censored also. Anyone voicing anything against the censoring minds desires will be banned from being seen.
    People hopefully will realize this country is being taken down without a shot and in many cases without any public voice against it. People using the internet will be politically correct or they will not be able to be on social media or the internet. Politically correct may soon involve any talk against big pharma, big business, political party discussions and who knows where it all will end.
    I think our only hope is to get Congress and Trump to step in and stop this 1st Amendment violations on the internet or our voices will be silenced. If you really think about this I believe you will see how serious this censoring of the internet really is.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-08...s-videos-are-now-available-on-real-video.html

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-08...icine-banning-channels-botanical-healing.html

What's next in the cross hairs of those censoring the internet?

WizardMaster likes this.
  2. buster40c

No comments? HMMM That about says it all. Some have said silence is the same as supporting what is being done.

I wonder what percentage of Americans are afraid to wear a MAGA hat?

Yep the toaster is sure to pop up real soon. Just remember burnt toast usually gets scraped. Get ready to be scraped.
    Is that sort of like being scalped?
    The fat lady is about to sing it seems. Tomatoes will be banned.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    WizardMaster likes this.

3. DParker

DParker Active Member

While I don't like the situation and think the companies in question are being quite wrong-headed in what they're doing (at least in most cases), Amendment I has absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact fed.gov attempting to dictate how media businesses choose to manage their content is what would be constitutionally problematic.

Some have said a lot of silly things. Suggesting that everyone on a gun forum is supporting social media censoring because they haven't yet commented on your post, for instance (especially given that you didn't post it until the evening).

4. quirky

quirky Active Member

Hey Buster, the internet got hijacked by the conglomerates and it's agenda driven. Trump and the gang are part of it despite how they sound so don't expect much. On top of all of that we can't even get 3 people to agree on anything.

And lets be honest OK, the people you mention where using a free service to make money, yet none seem to what to get together and create their own servers. Some of the gun channels have moved over but even then it's half baked. Most are angry because Google is taking a bigger slice of the pie. And while Alex Jones is funny he too was a pimp of products.

Remember when hickok45 started out, now look at him. This is a guy who claims he was once a teacher now reduced to Buds gun shop.com. , Federal ammo and NRA pimp so he can get free ammo and guns to shoot. That's why he does it.

Worst thing a new shooter or person just getting into firearms can do is to watch YouTube.

And don't get me started on the NRA, where no one can name one damn thing they have done for individual gun rights. Merely an organization keeping the gun manufactures in business for the shareholders by bribing Congress with membership money.

So, I guess the answer is don't get to worked up over it because we can't do anything about it. I can only imagine what the world will look like in even 10 years let alone 25 +.

5. buster40c

Some good points mentioned here and I agree with some and not others.

I guess our best avenue to take to fight censorship is by not supporting those that are censoring out our point of views simply because they don't agree with our point of view or beliefs.

Strange how the SCOTUS recently over turned the gays lawsuit against the cake bakery for not baking a cake as the gays wanted it. Seems the SCOTUS thought that the 1st Amendment didn't only apply to the federal government but to the average citizen as well.

1st Amendment says abridging freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of people to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
    I may be wrong but I believe the above does apply to businesses that control the internet. They are abridging my rights to peaceably assemble and voice my grievances.

If I have something to say against the government or big business lobbying against my rights then my constitutional rights should be upheld. I should not have my comments censored out not to be read by anyone else because the internet tech giants don't like what I have to say.

Just like comments here that don't agree with my thoughts doesn't mean those with a different view than mine should be censored out or visa- versa.

I quit Facebook years ago when they said I will not be able to delete any of my comments/posts or information after a certain date and my personal info and actions on Facebook would be open to third parties.

I looked at joining another social platform but when they required so much of my personal information I said the heck with this. The social media nor the people I text with on a social platform need my personal information.

I agree with what you said about the NRA and because I feel the same way I choose to support the GOA. Even Harry Reid said GOA was the biggest concern supporting 2nd Amendment rights.

Personally I didn't care for and seldom watched Info Wars but I believe he has the right to voice his opinion about what he believes is the truth or not. Info Wars had to many followers and that posed a threat to MSM and those that want to destroy this country or make profits at the expense of the people's lives.

Bottom line is the internet is the last form of communication amongst the masses and once that is gone or censored away then the people have no real forum for unity to be heard. That is the reason for this recent big push to censor the internet and why we have to do what we can to stop that from happening.

A lot of how alternative independent web sites are being taken down is by removing their means of financial support. Well that's exactly how we can fight back. We can hurt those censoring us by cutting off their financial supply by cutting off our use of their services.

Nobody has to agree with me but I do believe this internet censoring is the biggest threat to this country. It is not Syria or Iran or Korea or Russia but rather it is right here.

Who would have ever thought that wearing a hat that says make America great again would get you beat up or even killed? Think about that and let that sink in as to what is happening right now in this country. Patriots are referred to as the greatest terrorist threat to this country and referred to as deplorables according to our own politicians. WOW I never thought I would be called those names for being an American citizen.

WizardMaster likes this.
  6. DParker

DParker Active Member

The SCOTUS overturning of the lower courts' decision in that case was a finding that the actions of the Colorado Civil Rights Commission...a state government agency...was a violation of the rights of the owners of the bakery protected by the "free exercise" clause of Amendment I. In other words, Amendment I prohibited governmental infringement of the rights of those conducting the business of the bakery. I'm not sure how you would interpret that as supporting a case FOR governmental restrictions on business activities.

You left out the first part, which says, "Congress shall make no law...". That's kind of important here. See below.

You are unquestionably wrong, on multiple fronts. First off, these companies do not "control the internet" (nobody actually controls the internet...the internet isn't really an existing "thing"...it's an abstract technical concept), they simply offer content services that are usable via the internet. Secondly, the U.S. Constitution defines authorities of and restrictions on government, not businesses or private individuals. And originally those restrictions applied only to the federal government. It wasn't until after Amendment XIV was ratified that some (and to date, only some) of those restrictions began being interpreted as being applicable to state and local government as well (referred to as "incorporation" of the amendments against the states). In short, neither Amendment I nor any other part of the U.S. Constitution describe any sorts of restrictions on businesses, private individuals nor groups thereof.

And they are (for the most part). None of the companies in question are violating your rights as enumerated in the U.S. Constitution, because those rights are only protected from government infringement. You have no constitutional right to use someone else's (business or individual) property as a venue for disseminating your speech. You do however have the right to do so via public (ie, not privately owned) venues without governmental restrictions (with exceptions, of course....like you don't have a right to stand in the middle of the street and impede traffic while giving a speech, or hold a parade without permits, etc), or via venues/media that you own or otherwise legally control.

This part of your post is spot-on. This is all about the free market. If you don't like what a business is doing, don't do business with them. If no business is doing what you think should be done, start one up and compete!

7. buster40c

Well in my understanding the tech giants do control, for the most part, the internet in that they can censor anything you post on the internet or search for.

Google, Facebook, You Tube and many other social platforms appear to be sharing the same picnic table discussing censoring the web.

Perhaps I am wrong about the constitution protecting my right to express my thoughts on social media. Or that those basically running the internet platforms don't have to let me have freedom of speech. It's their ball park and they say when I can play ball and what ball I can pitch.

Perhaps you are right for now that the constitution is not being violated by these tech and social giants.

I have read many times that the USA will be defeated by using its own laws against itself.

In my opinion people need to realize big business has totally infiltrated all platforms of our government. It has become an inside job. We will be defeated from within our own system.

When the billions of dollars spent by lobbyists sway our politicians votes and law making in this country then we are screwed. Well look real close because that is exactly where we are now.

IE: Law makers passed laws that big pharma can't be sued for health damages cause by their vaccines which are also mandatory according to the laws made and upheld by SCOTUS. https://secretsofnaturalhealing.blogspot.com/2011/02/supreme-court-rules-vaccine-makers.html
    https://www.collective-evolution.co...pharma-rules-that-cbd-has-no-medicinal-value/
    You now have to bring suit against the Federal government which you have a fat chance of getting anywhere with that.
    Notice the link previously about how talk against vaccines are the next target for censoring.

I guess I am stupid for even thinking people will give a rats tail about what's going on.

As far as thinking internet censoring has hardly anything to do with guns I do believe we will see any talk for or against gun rights will be soon be the next target for being censored on the internet. It is already happening.
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-08...echno-tyranny-regime-has-been-unleashed.html#

I guess I should be like the masses and just think their is nothing I can do about it so I should do nothing. I guess my biggest reason for making the original post was I hoped for some positive feedback as what we can do.

I do appreciate being corrected about my thoughts but I will greatly appreciate positive feedback as what to do to stop the demise of our last public voice platform.

WizardMaster and dane6165 like this.
  8. buster40c

9. DParker

DParker Active Member

Your understanding is not correct. Any given content provider can censor the content on the sites that THEY own and operate...but that's it. That in no way, shape or form constitutes controlling the internet.

But that's just it....nobody can "censor the web". They can control what they own, which is as it should be.

What makes you think nobody cares about what's going on? This is actually a very, very active subject of discussion in the U.S. Just because I understand that this isn't a case of Facebook somehow infringing on my Amendment I rights doesn't mean that I'm not appalled by their actions. As for what to do...the free market is the solution. Take your business elsewhere. Start up competitor outlets (or encourage/help someone else to). That's how things are supposed to work in an at least semi-free society.

And another congressman believes that the island of Guam will capsize if too many people stand on one side of it. But that doesn't make it so. And Darrel Issa has a long established track record of these sorts of outraged kabuki theater performances that result in precisely nothing of any substance resulting from them.

dane6165 likes this.
  10. quirky

quirky Active Member

Buster, the bottom line is you and I can't compete because we don't have the money to. When the Supreme Court ruled a few years back that Corporations were people to it was a clever move to keep the 'elites' in control.

That bakery did not win their case based on the 1st amendment. It may have been filed under that but I'm sure it was deliberated as Mr. Parker points out, 'private vs. public'.

But make no mistake it's all by design. And if you or I ever started up a site to promote whatever you can believe the government would step in to shut us down. You do realize that the NRA cannot buy any airtime on the networks. And they can't challenge it because the Supreme Court made it impossible, remember that agenda I mention above.

They want the public only to be bombarded with how guns only kill.

So, again even if you or I had the money they would shut us down if it went against their plan for society. And if you truly believe you have real rights in this country look up 1942 under Japanese American internment.

All we truly have is a set of privileges subject to be revoked at anytime. This country was founded by British lawyers, rich land owners and the educated elites for a certain class of people. All the rest of do is fight their wars and work as cheaply as they can get away with paying us.

Ever wonder why the police forces became para military, they were in effect removed from the public starting in 1971 because the 1960's scared the crap out of the powers that be.
    When I was growing up we knew the cops by first name, now they don't even have to live in the same town they work. They removed them out of that public arena to keep them from siding with the population and when the order is given they will mow us down like a blade of grass.

It's no longer We The People it's now 'civilians'.

11. DParker

DParker Active Member

SCOTUS never ruled that corporations are people. Quite the opposite, in fact. In Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (the decision to which you're referring) the court held that precisely because corporations are fictitious legal entities...and not actual beings with agency of their own...any and all decisions made for and actions taken on behalf of corporations are attributable to the people who work for and/or have an ownership stake in such companies. This is a clearly undeniable fact. A corporation is not a person, but consists of multiple people acting as a group toward one or more goals. So what we refer to as the actions of a corporation are actually the actions of people, and are therefore subject to applicable constitutional protections. It was a logically indisputable and legally correct decision, so there is no need to attribute nefarious motives to it.

I'm not quite sure what that is supposed to mean, but it certainly doesn't sound like what I pointed out. State infringement of the right protected by the "free exercise" clause of 1A was most certainly what allowed the bakery to win its case.

With all due respect, that is just demonstrable nonsense...as evidenced he fact that the internet is chock-full of websites where one can post and/or read pretty much every conceivable point of view...ranging from the mainstream to the positively insane...and has been for decades now, with no governmental squashing going on (unless you're in some place like China or North Korea).

12. quirky

quirky Active Member

Well, if it helps you to believe we live in a real Democracy then be my guest keep on believing all of that, in fact they hope you do. :)

Alex Jones got taken down because he challenged it beyond mere conspiracy. In other words to many people started questioning 'Big Brother'. They can't have that.

They would much prefer you stoned, underemployed and questioning your sexual identity.
    Broke, Stoned and Stupid, easier to control that way.

13. buster40c

I agree in that we only think we have rights until we are detained. As long as we have the endless money pit to defend ourselves in court we might have our rights allowed to us. That's is providing we even make it to a court of law.

Sorry DP but Microsoft, Google, Facebook among others do in a way own the internet because among them they control the search engine ratings which controls who will be seen or not seen, financial ads, contributions through paypal, comments on posts, and in many cases own the main servers hosting the web sites. They might not own the internet but they sure as heck can and are controlling it.
    Divide and conquer is the elite's plan. We need to unite and conquer. Remember the Boston Tea Party? Remember the American revolution?
    When someone tells mankind they can't have their God given right to protect themselves then you might see what it is like to face a bear with nothing but your fists.
    Yeah Quirky I agree with you in that if it comes to a gun fight we the people will be slaughtered. Police and the military take orders and disobeying them will cost them their jobs or even more.
    If you can find a survivor of the Waco Davidian slaughter then ask them if the military and police performed as ordered or did they stand down to give them a fair trial before they took orders to burn them out. From reports I read that tank used to crush through the front building was actually a flame throwing tank.
    Yeah keep believing you have rights protecting you against tyranny.
    All of us in the USA right now are facing total tyranny and the shadow government have done a good job of keeping the people scared to make a sound. Fear of being put in a FEMA camp which they also want to think is conspiracy BS but still scares the crap out of them.

WizardMaster and quirky like this.
  14. quirky

quirky Active Member

Bingo !
    And who ever controls the information flow controls everything. And most know in this country who controls the media don't we. In 10 years Jesus will become a dope smoking cross-dresser with blessings by the Catholic church.

15. DParker

DParker Active Member

I've got > 30 years experience in professional data processing, and was actively involved with the internet for years before you first even heard the word. Combine that with the fact that this clearly not your area of expertise and you'll just have to forgive me if I don't defer to your, "Sorry, but..." assumption that you understand it better than you actually do.

So, tell us, which particular point(s) of view...political or otherwise...are any of the companies you listed making it difficult for you to find online,or preventing you from publishing on any sites that they don't own? Which one of them are preventing you or anyone else from running the web site of your choice from a basic inexpensive PC in your home? Which conservative websites have ceased to exist/become unreachable because of them?

https://thenewrevere.com/2018/04/top-100-conservative-websites-in-april-2018/

16. DParker

DParker Active Member

OK, never mind I assumed I was dealing with someone who was at least semi-rational. My mistake. I'll leave you two alone to see who can out-Dale Gribble the other.

17. quirky

quirky Active Member

Classic deflect and run when your argument has no validity and you've lost the plot.
    (we won't mention the name calling) :)

18. DParker

DParker Active Member

The World Nut Daily level ranting is bad enough. Lying about what I've posted doesn't make you look any better.

19. quirky

quirky Active Member

It's called interpretation, look that word up. Very huge difference between lying. You actually believe you know what all that means that you posted,,,you don't. You only think you do.

It's obvious your sense of intelligence has been challenge and now you react.
    For all anyone knows you could be mole plated here to give whoever feed back on what is being said on gun forums.

20. buster40c

Well I can name one for dang straight sure that is being totally shipwrecked by the powers that be because he exposes the lies MSM brainwashes us with.

I nor anyone else can even post anything on his web page because it will be deleted by some unknown trolls. The website owner expects to be shut down within a few months because contributions from subscribers can't even get through as well as his computers being crashed time and again. I know my money sent through paypal evidently didn't even get to him. I know my emails didn't get through. He even says if he doesn't acknowledge money received then get your money back from paypal or wherever because he didn't get it.
    I don't know how you being so experienced in the operations of the internet can make the statements you make that nobody but the website owners can censor a website content.
    I have only been using the internet since around 1998 but in that time I have had my emails read by some hackers. My email lists have been used to send malicious emails. I know a woman I only talked to once somehow put a tracking device on my computer. The luny bird sent an instant message to someone I know telling my friend that she was my wife and better leave me alone. My friend instant messaged me asking when did I get married. She then told me what some woman told her and I asked what was her screen name. I immediately instant messaged the woman who just by coincidence was online and I asked her what was up. She acted so innocent till I laid it on her what she just did.

People can hack into people's computers and do all sorts of damaging crap.

For cripe sakes kids in junior high school know how to hack into so called secured computers.

I have often wondered why there are sometimes as many as 15 robots watching this website. I guess someone as internet illiterate as I am couldn't possibly understand why that is. I have to laugh at that. Yeah that's just more conspiracy BS. I think Quirky might be onto something.

Ask Info Wars why their daily hits dropped drastically for no apparent reason. Ask him why his google ads were deleted. Ask him why You Tube banned him when he was surely making You Tube money. Evidently his millions of subscribers didn't ask to have him banned.

Only website owners can censor what is on their sites? Yeah anyone that believes that needs a refresher course on how the internet operates today. Sorry but it is hard to deny what is happening today on the internet.
    It is really hard to deny something is happening while it is happening.

WizardMaster likes this.