Insurance for ccw

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by snairdrum, Dec 22, 2013.

1. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

Anyone know what is the best company for defense coverage for my ccw. I've looked into GOLD'N, Texas law shield.

2. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

From my understanding of the issue, the companies offering insurance only pay out after you have won in court covering what your legal defense cost was. As such they have no real vested interest in seeing you actually win your court case.

I have heard good things about Texas Law Shield as they offer legal counsel and financial help with your defense. Another such organization would be the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network.

3. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

I actually called GOLD'N and talked to the owner Robert. What they offer is pretty good. It's pre paid legal coverage. Texas Law shield isn't in my area. Armed citizens seemed shady. Does anyone have coverage with anyone else or like their coverage with other companies. Not that i plan on using this but I do plan on carrying on a daily basis.

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Yeah, Texas Law Shield isn't in AZ either, yet.

What seemed shady about the Armed Citizens? The president and founder is the also the owner/ head trainer of the Firearm Academy of Seattle. The people on their board of advisors are the who's who of defensive shooting. Having Massad Ayoob in your corner is never a bad idea.

5. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

They can have whoever they want in their corner but who is going to represent me in court is the main reason why I am looking into this. GOLD'N said they are a national company in all 50 states with 1 flat rate per year and covering all gun owners not just ccw. Armed citizens is not state by state recognized by the courts. Also they have different rates for what permits u have weather it be ccw or just home defense. Plus they are more expensive. Gold'n told me their attorney that would represent me here in Ohio would be Henry Highlo. I looked him up he is top 10 in 2nd amendment rights in the country. Thats what matters to me not how well someone shoots on their payroll

6. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

Arizona heat thank you so much for your suggestions. I do think the other company is a decent one but it looks like I am going to go with GOLDN. Do u have coverage through anyone? If so let me know what u get in the mail or by email.

7. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

I belong to USCCA. They have three different levels that you can choose from. I got their highest level. It costs $297.97 for a year. Goto their site and see which plans they have and what each one offers. They also offer monthly payment plans as well. Their web site is "uscca.com".

8. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

I checked with them as well but that's 2 times as much as GOLD'N. They are only $100 a year for full 100% coverage.

9. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

If your a NRA member......the NRA has CCW insurance......

10. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

I am an NRA member I will check out their prices, thanks.

11. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

GOLD'N is $120.00 cheaper wow.

12. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I have Texas Law Shield and IMO is hands down the better plan. I pay around $140 a year and I do not pay a dime if I need an attorney for criminal or civil case due to my use of a gun.
    I compared to what USCCA has and IMO TLS is a way better deal. The biggest difference being what I might have to pay out for my defense.
    TLS has now expanded to several other states.
    Being involved in a court trial will at least cost $25,000, and I don't want to be looking for an atty. specializing in gun cases should I need help. If the worst ever happens then I call police then TLS. I don't worry that using my gun could cause me to lose all that I have to pay for my defense with TLS.

13. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

How is that better? GOLD'N is all 50 states and $40 cheaper with 100% criminal and civil charges. Hands down GOLD'N. I don't pay a dime for any attorney fees.

14. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

If you notice I didn't mention Gold'n. I was comparing to USCCC.

15. snairdrum

snairdrum New Member

Oh. Thanks buster 40c