Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
I have to be honest when I say I have no problem with having to take a dead blow mallet to the barrel when I dissemble or reassemble the 22/45.
I like the tight fit of it. I think the tight fit is what helps them be so accurate,and reliable.
I have no problem with the pistols design on how it comes apart and back together. Yes it does take some thought when your assembling the five main pieces. This I have no problem with either. People it's only five pieces that if you put together properly and in the right order will work just fine. Plus. It's not like you have to tear it completely down after every range viisit. These are not finicky guns to shoot and they'll shot just about anything you feed them. I got to tell ya I like that.
When I read things like I sold my Mk series pistol because it was to hard to disassemble and reassemble I can only think it's five pieces what can be so mind bending about assembling five pieces with all the videos on the net showing owners how to do it. Have we come to the point of gun ownership that if the gun does not come apart in our hands at the flip of a switch it's a major problem and the gun is a PITA?
I'm glad it hasn't for me, because I think the MK series of pistol from Ruger are fantastic.

· Registered
108 Posts
I've shot Federal,Winchester, and Blazer 550 count value packs. I've shot CCI mini mags and Remington Yellow Jackets. If I shoot it through my 10/22 and the old Marlin DL 81 it also gets shot in my 22/45.
Like CajunBass I do not strip it down after ever range visit, I might do it every 1000 to 1500 rounds or when I feel like it and have the time. Most of the time it's run a boresnake down the barrel a few times, and a shot of CLP on the internals, and it's all good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.