Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female dog is having her first heat and my male which is a bigger breed is really wanting to step up to do the job. I have had dogs in heat before but I never noticed things like this before. I got on the internet to educate myself on it. I learned a dame can't be spayed while she is in heat and contrary to what I had been told that the cost for spaying is not expensive I found out it was $250 to $350. I don't call that inexpensive.
So I decided I had to do something so I don't have a bunch of puppies and I didn't know if she could even carry pups from my bigger male breeding her. LOL he tried but he couldn't get quite low enough. At least I hope he didn't. I had some 3/4 pvc from my shell catch I had made which I had taken apart. I also had some 2' fencing I had for my garden which isn't being used since I gave up on the garden. So I made a frame out of the pvc and covered it with the fencing.
She isn't liking being penned in but till she is over her heat she is going to stay in the pen. I read that the male knows when the female is ready to be bred and he sure is crying like a baby not being able to get to her.
I have been busy today. Built the pen and sold my Ranger p/up. The woman buyer twice tried to cheat me but I surprised her and counted the money out. She tried cheating me out of $240. I sure was glad I counted the bills she had in the envelope. I told her she was short on the money. She then pulled out of her purse two more hundred dollar bills. I then told her she still was short $40 which she then also got out of her purse. I couldn't believe twice she tried to cheat me.
Live and learn.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
I used to put men's bvds on a female in heat with the tale out of the crotch. worked for us.:D

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured there had to be something to put on her but I figured she would probably chew it off. I would have to go to the little boys section to find a bvd to fit her.
When I got up this morning she had gotten out and later on she had gotten out again. So I applied another layer of fencing turned upside down to cover the bigger openings in the fence ant then I used bailing wire to close up some more places. She hasn't got out yet and if she does then she is Houdini Dog.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I'm going to bet she's going to be bred. Nature finds a way.
Most stores that carry animal products carry actual dog diapers. That's what we've used before for in heat dogs.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ Yeah I am thinking my male got the deed done but time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts