In a Funk

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Tommycourt, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Today was range day and my shooting was bad. I could hold it in a 6" circle @40 feet but I had to fight to hold it there. For some reason my hands were shaking and I found myself flinching. The range was hot and humid today even tho it's inside. I was sweating within 10 minutes and my hands had a hard time holding onto my pistols. I shot the Full size and the LW Commander today. 125 rounds and I should have stopped at 50. I haven't been doing my dry firing lately because I do it in my garage and my temp in the garage has been 112 degrees. But that is no excuse. Please tell me, have you ever been in a funk and what do you do to get out of it???? IF a BG came after me, I would have to throw it at him the way I feel today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all~!
    Tommy

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

If the bad guy says anything about your shaking just shoot him and say how about that you just cured my shaking.
    I was in a funk today also. I checked the date and calendar and realized why.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

If you are talking about waiting for your SS, I can relate to that. I don't know how my money can go so fast when I don't buy anything except bullets and primers. And I buy in bulk and get free shipping whenever I can.
    Tommy

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Tommy,

Dont sweat it (pun) , next time you go , go with a clear mind, not just because "its range day", and relax. You will probably hold to 3" groups.

Ask me how I know this....;)

Same thing happens to me a lot.

Ive learned to just accept it as a bad day, and wait till next time..
    Usuaally when I got CRAP on my mind.

Jim

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jim,
    There might be something in what you say. I just got used to going on Sundays and when I get up I figure it's a range day. I know I have things on my mind and it's not shooting. I have gone because it has become a habit and last Sunday I didn't really enjoy myself. I think with the weather and other things going on in my life that it was just a get away and try and forget some crap and it didn't happen. Sure would be nice to have a range like yours or Busters so when you feel like shooting, you just walk out your back yard. Maybe some day it will happen-when I win the Lotto. Shoot, I forgot, you're supposed to buy a ticket. Thanks for the cheering up session though. Appreciate it much!!!
    Tommy

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

State of mind. I went to my high school class 60th reunion dinner Saturday. Everybody is old (!) that was even able to come. Small school, 28 class members in 1955, 12 boys. Four old geezers (twice as many women) at the dinner and one who was too ill to make it; the rest of them gone.

I write the above because I was in a depressed funk all Sunday and yesterday. Good thing I didn't go to the range, I would have been really bad.

Going to go this morning though, soon as my bowels do their job. ;)

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Gosh...VT,

Hope the bowels thing comes out good for ya...

Be sure and let us know..:D

Jim

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah! The bowels performed well; the weather did not - and tomorrow is predicted to be even wetter and thunderbangy. Thursday and Friday look good though from this distance. Hope to shoot the Ruger 77/357 and the Browning B92 at 100 yards.

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Tommy you are not seeing the opportunity to practice for a real life scenario. I have a feeling we all might be shaking a little at least in a real life need to use a gun. Especially if there is another barrel pointing at us. I have been told we will have no problem focusing on that huge looking barrel.
    I have read many articles saying a person should run around and get all pumped up before target shooting to replicate poor muscle control in a bad situation.
    If I am ever in a bad situation then like VT I hope I had a bowel movement prior to that.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015