I'm new...

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Garyfookes, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Garyfookes

Garyfookes New Member

Hi everyone.....I'm Gary from Kentucky. My wife and I are both retired and go to the gun range on Friday which is Date nite at Point Blank.. Weve been shooting now for a couple years and my arsenal has grow from zero to now 7....the first being a couple Heritage 22/22mag revolvers,to a Ruger SR22, to a couple Bersa 380s, then a Bersa compact pro 9mm...and a Springfield Armory XD 9mm. My wife loves her Ruger SR22, but we have had a problen with the take down lever....some good people on Ruger Talk suggested contacting Ruger customer service....and I'll do that Monday morning.....as most of us guys know....If mama ain't happy, no one is happy.....Thanks for helping

mike1 likes this.
  2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining us, and the introduction.

Ruger CS is second to none,

Jim

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum. Ruger customer service is great and will repair your gun without asking any questions or costing you anything. They are great and myself and others will tell you from their experiences.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Tommy from the land of eternal sand and a lot of sunshine.....Az.

4. DC99

DC99 New Member

Welcome from Illinois

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to RugerTalk! :welcome:

6. conservative

conservative New Member

Welcome from Ohio! Been on RT for a bit now but still a newbie with firearms. Have fun on here. Look around cause there's more than firearms being discussed on here. Enjoy!

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

We're glad to have you here!

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome aboard,enjoy yourself here.

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to RT!
    Definitely make mama happy! ;)

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T my friend...

Enjoy our community !!

11. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RT, glad to have you on board.:D

12. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

This is late, but to anyone who is considering /has considered buying a 10-22: If it has a malfunction, Ruger Customer Service is great! Take it out of the box, first, clean it and and shoot it to see how it does. You may be pleasantly surprised!:) Then, and only then, if you think of modification...one thing at a time...welll...maybe two, if one of them is the "auto bolt release" replacement or modification.
    My first mods were a Volquartsen something...hammer or sear,(can't remember which ) It was relatively inexpen$ive, and lightened the trigger pull to ~2 3/4 lbs. IMO, one of the best things you can do to any 10-22, and the "Auto bolt release". Other mods came later...a larger charging handle to fit my large hands, polishing the bolt, and while it was all apart, I did a minor radiusing of the bolt rear, (not as much as shown on one Rimfire Central diy post) and added a bolt buffer.
    Now my 10-22 feeds everything from subsonic to Velocitors with nary a bobble. They all, except for that Volquartsen part, didn't cost much, and added to the smooth functioning of my rifle. But...if you just have to have and can afford an $800 door stop,:eek: more power to you! Enjoy!:) Oh...BTW, A scope is a goodness!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019