If you had a choice at the pump...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jmohme, Jan 8, 2015.

1. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

If you had the choice at the pump, how many of us would pay extra for fuel produced from North American sources?

I would, and I think supporting our country's oil industry instead of OPEC is way overdue!

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

The problem, I could see some unscrupulous gas station owners buying cheaper OPEC oil, then shoving it into his tanks to sell at a greater price. Farmers do this exact thing when it comes to organic vegetables.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I think the idea should be the US uses up all the OPEC oil and then... when they run out

...we will be the ones in control !! ;)

4. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

The flaw with that plan is that in reality, you would only be using OPEC oil until groups like ISIS are fully funded or our industries are bankrupt and rendered unable to pull anything out of the ground!

I have no doubt that those are the primary goals of the OPECkers.
    The only way we get control is to bankrupt them to the point where all they can afford for dinner is sand soup!

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I think they need us as bad as we them

Id like to see us not needing them.

I would pay a little more a at the pump, if I KNEW FOR SURE it was american made.

Jim

6. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Knowing for sure would be the tricky part, but in truth it would be more about making a statement than anything.