Ideas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vw6000, Dec 15, 2015.

1. vw6000

vw6000 New Member

A couple months ago our house flooded. Both levels. A main water line broke upstairs while we were out of town and ran for what the water company said was a full 48 hrs. We lost almost everything and insurance didnt cover much. My point in saying that is I don't have a lot of money but my husband's 30th bday is this Saturday. I was thinking about taking him to our favorite range. The guys there said they would love that and they would even sing happy birthday to him and we could drop cake off early to surprise him. Now.. be honest. Men.. does that sound cheesy? Do u have any other cheap ideas? Normally I wouldn't worry much about cost but with little ones we're trying to focus on christmas for them.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I guarantee your husband will not think it is cheesy. He will be grinning ear to ear.

3. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Just bring extra ammo. And maybe some special targets or something to blowup. :D
    If a guy had a shotgun and some balloons were floating away............. :machinegun:
    Balloons also make for fun targets when pinned to the backstop.

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey vw,

As a man, as a gun loving man, as a man that loves to shoot....

If my wife did that for me.. It would be an awesome b'day .:cool:

Jim

5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

It sounds good. Also, a big fat slab of his favorite meat on the plate for supper is always a good plan to go along with the range time. At least, it always works for me!:D

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I'd also love this. Yep, maybe another box of ammo or three?

7. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Sounds like a winner to me! Sure beats socks or a tie!

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I would love to have my wife do what you are doing!!! If money is an issue, if you can, buy an extra box of ammo and tell him that you want to go to the range with him. Even if it drives you crazy, he will love having his wife by his side, even though the guys will be singing Happy Birthday. That way he can look over and see his lovely wife, will endure the razing from the guys, and have his beloved one next to him. The one that made it all possible. You are a loving and caring woman. And if you can't afford the extra ammo, ain't no big deal. Just the thought will mean something to him forever-a day he will never forget. Best of luck!!!

Tommy

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Awesome idea...( cheesey is for pizza )