I think I did good.

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by greg_r, May 20, 2017.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Went down to the gun shop to pick up my check for what was sold on consignment. While there could not resist the SR1911 he had in the display case. $699.99 out the door price. I thought it was pretty good, just have to finish paying for it so I can take it out the door:(

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Well, I dunno if you did good, Greg; you were pulled into The Vortex again.

:D

3. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I think you will love it once you get it. Good job.;)

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I've wanted an sr1911 ever since I first shot one. That a good price, too. Congrats!

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Greg,
    I think you done real good. I have all the SR1911's and don't regret buying any one of them. Only thing I ever did to them was after a thousand or so rounds I have a trigger job done bringing it down to 4#. Other than that, they shoot great right out of the box. Good for you!!!!

Tommy

6. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Those dang sirens. Should of tied myself to the mast!

7. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

There is that self justification. "I did good". Like a woman thinking she saved $10 on a sale item but she spent $100.
    Just yanking your leg because I have been there done that also. From reports I have read the SR1911 is a fine gun.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  9. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Well, I do feel like I did pretty good. I have been looking for an American made replacement for my Philipino 1911's for awhile. I had figured its not going to happen. They have all been around the $770 mark here. I did find a used SR1911 at another store nerby. $599.99 plus taxes so somewhere around $650. When I was quoted $699.99 OTD I figured to jump on it. I sold my RIA GI 1911 to my brother at only a price a brother would get, and traded my nickle Ria GI 38 super to my nephew for a utility trailer, so I will have to come out of pocket about $150 to finish paying for the SR1911, but that's ok.

I understand vtge legbyanking here. Kind of makes me feel good like I'm finally being accepted here or something of the sort. I did feel obliged however it post an explanation. I did so on my other thread.

10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

You done good grasshopper,now let the force be with you and enjoy once you get it :)

11. hoosierguy

hoosierguy New Member

not bad ..... but i picked up a sr1911 cmd. with the box & all included , less than 50 rds fired ... $525 . YES it IS absolutely in new condition !

12. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well Hoosierguy you found one of those barn deals. Those don't come around to often.

13. hoosierguy

hoosierguy New Member

buster .... yes i believe i did ! this seller actually advertised 2 sr1911's . one was not fired and it was sold by the time i answered his ad . the gun i bought from him had the magazines still wrapped up , unused ! the unfired model went for $550 & mine was $525. he said he only fired 10 rds to test the feeding of some certain brand of magazines he purchased in the ruger.
    go figure ? ! didnt like the shorter commander size guns so he sold them both . he also admitted to getting on-line daily and trying to find new /different guns to purchase ! guess there are all kinds of "different " people into guns !

14. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

I think you did good too.enjoy shooting it when it come's home!

15. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre!!!!! Good pistola you got there.

16. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

He sounds like me...:D