Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went down to the gun shop to pick up my check for what was sold on consignment. While there could not resist the SR1911 he had in the display case. $699.99 out the door price. I thought it was pretty good, just have to finish paying for it so I can take it out the door:(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Went down to the gun shop to pick up my check for what was sold on consignment. While there could not resist the SR1911 he had in the display case. $699.99 out the door price. I thought it was pretty good, just have to finish paying for it so I can take it out the door:(
Well, I dunno if you did good, Greg; you were pulled into The Vortex again.

:D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I've wanted an sr1911 ever since I first shot one. That a good price, too. Congrats!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Greg,
I think you done real good. I have all the SR1911's and don't regret buying any one of them. Only thing I ever did to them was after a thousand or so rounds I have a trigger job done bringing it down to 4#. Other than that, they shoot great right out of the box. Good for you!!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
There is that self justification. "I did good". Like a woman thinking she saved $10 on a sale item but she spent $100.
Just yanking your leg because I have been there done that also. From reports I have read the SR1911 is a fine gun.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is that self justification. "I did good". Like a woman thinking she saved $10 on a sale item but she spent $100.
Just yanking your leg because I have been there done that also. From reports I have read the SR1911 is a fine gun.
Well, I do feel like I did pretty good. I have been looking for an American made replacement for my Philipino 1911's for awhile. I had figured its not going to happen. They have all been around the $770 mark here. I did find a used SR1911 at another store nerby. $599.99 plus taxes so somewhere around $650. When I was quoted $699.99 OTD I figured to jump on it. I sold my RIA GI 1911 to my brother at only a price a brother would get, and traded my nickle Ria GI 38 super to my nephew for a utility trailer, so I will have to come out of pocket about $150 to finish paying for the SR1911, but that's ok.

I understand vtge legbyanking here. Kind of makes me feel good like I'm finally being accepted here or something of the sort. I did feel obliged however it post an explanation. I did so on my other thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
not bad ..... but i picked up a sr1911 cmd. with the box & all included , less than 50 rds fired ... $525 . YES it IS absolutely in new condition !

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well Hoosierguy you found one of those barn deals. Those don't come around to often.

·
Registered
14 Posts
buster .... yes i believe i did ! this seller actually advertised 2 sr1911's . one was not fired and it was sold by the time i answered his ad . the gun i bought from him had the magazines still wrapped up , unused ! the unfired model went for $550 & mine was $525. he said he only fired 10 rds to test the feeding of some certain brand of magazines he purchased in the ruger.
go figure ? ! didnt like the shorter commander size guns so he sold them both . he also admitted to getting on-line daily and trying to find new /different guns to purchase ! guess there are all kinds of "different " people into guns !

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I think you did good too.enjoy shooting it when it come's home!

·
Registered
53 Posts
buster .... yes i believe i did ! this seller actually advertised 2 sr1911's . one was not fired and it was sold by the time i answered his ad . the gun i bought from him had the magazines still wrapped up , unused ! the unfired model went for $550 & mine was $525. he said he only fired 10 rds to test the feeding of some certain brand of magazines he purchased in the ruger.
go figure ? ! didnt like the shorter commander size guns so he sold them both . he also admitted to getting on-line daily and trying to find new /different guns to purchase ! guess there are all kinds of "different " people into guns !
He sounds like me...:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts