Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats , now you gotta have one, right?
Them Super Blackhawks are a handfull.
Thats why I had mine Magana ported, that really tamed it down.
If you look real close ,you can see the porting.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't forget the 45 Hunter! 8) Got one when they first came out and toyed with adding the .41 as well. passed but eventually added the 22 Hunter. :)

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Great gun....got to love some recoil......lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice gun, I like blued but prefer stainless.

I always thought that the Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk grip diminished the impression of recoil as the gun rotates toward the vertical instead of smacking back into the palm of the hand.

In any event, enjoy the gun and good luck finding reloading components or ammo. Don

·
Registered
42 Posts
Been shooting .44 Mag Super Blackhawks since the mid 70s. I mostly shoot them one handed. If you stiffen up they will rock you. If you let them roll up, it doesn't hurt at all. When I practice for hunting I will use two hands but again, I don't fight it.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Gotta love the .41 mag. I started with a Super BlkHK .44 mag, but found it too long to carry back in the mid 70s. So I went looking for a short .44 mag Super BlkHk. No such thing that I could find back then. However, I did find this little beast in .41 Magg. Shorter, frame was lighter and a bit smaller, and just about as much power. I carried it alot as a backup to a rifle and inda mothballed the Super BlkHk.

If you are considering a .41 mag, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Gotta love the .41 mag. I started with a Super BlkHK .44 mag, but found it too long to carry back in the mid 70s. So I went looking for a short .44 mag Super BlkHk. No such thing that I could find back then. However, I did find this little beast in .41 Magg. Shorter, frame was lighter and a bit smaller, and just about as much power. I carried it alot as a backup to a rifle and inda mothballed the Super BlkHk.

If you are considering a .41 mag, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

That's a very awesome looking revolver

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Blaze,

The muzzle flash with @ 20 gr. of 2400 and a 210 gr. JHP over a mag primer is awesome. I had a gun trading buddy try to priy it out of me for 2 months since I let him shoot it in Feb. He tried a late model .45 convertible BlkHk with a 6.5" on it for a trade and some boot. I passed. He was really getting desperate when he started thinking about swapping a near mint .44 mag carbine of late 60s vintage. I started thinkng seriously about that. i just couldn't do it. He went to several gunshows and finally found a slightly used one like it for 5 bills. He bought it.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Blaze,

The muzzle flash with @ 20 gr. of 2400 and a 210 gr. JHP over a mag primer is awesome. I had a gun trading buddy try to priy it out of me for 2 months since I let him shoot it in Feb. He tried a late model .45 convertible BlkHk with a 6.5" on it for a trade and some boot. I passed. He was really getting desperate when he started thinking about swapping a near mint .44 mag carbine of late 60s vintage. I started thinkng seriously about that. i just couldn't do it. He went to several gunshows and finally found a slightly used one like it for 5 bills. He bought it.
I got to find one its I'm the list. Man I trade a new colt 1911 for one I think lol

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Nice looking gun.....reminds me of my "Cowboy" gun.....

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I love the New Model Super Blackhawk in 44 mag,never shot a 41 mag.I had a 7 1/2" first then a ported 10 1/2" with a scope.Had it for about 20 years and is my favorite of all time.I need to get another one ;). You think THAT'S a handful,try a 35 Remington in a Contender pistol :eek:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts