Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well almost anyway.
I went to a gun show in Conroe, TX Saturday and left without buying a gun or ammo. I guess I have some real control now to beat temptation. I said almost because I did succumb to temptation to buy some home made dried jerky packs. Buffalo, Jalapeno/cheddar, turkey, and venison.
The show had a lot of people but most were just looking not buying. Ammo as usual was pretty dang high. I talked to one vendor about ammo prices. He said prices will continue being high due to government purchasing huge amounts of ammo for many law enforcement agencies. Some local agencies were supplied with over a million dollars of ammo which most just get stored away. Supply and demand determine price so don't expect prices ever to be where they were pre obummer times.
Example I used to pay $54 for UMC 9mm 250 count boxes. Now the same are selling for $85 and up. The same boxes were $74 for .40 and $84 for .45 in the past are well over $100-$150 now. In just a few years passing that is ridiculous.
But they are reporting there really isn't hardly any inflation? Now that's not even funny. I guess when you have a chauffeur and maid and lawn keeper then you probably really don't buy things to see inflation. $20 to fill the gas can to mow the yard or fill a motorcycle gas tank, and $50 - $100 to fill up the car but there isn't any inflation?
I am going to have to get a part time job just so I can buy bullets to shoot my guns.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Im a sucker for good jerky too.

But, then again Im a sucker period.;)

I store up toilet paper, rice, potted meat and ammo too.

I believe all that stuff is cheap ...now....compared to what its gonna be.:)

I buy all my milsurp ammo from SGAmmo, Stillwater , OK.
Got a email this week, they said when the Russian and Ukraine made 7,62x39 is gone....they wont get anymore.

Sooooo, I ordered another 1000,
25 cents a round , shipped, cant beat that .......now or later..

Jim

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Every time I go to a gun show...(every other month here in PA)...I buy all the ammo I can afford.

When the SHTF...it WILL be the new currency !! ( <= That and food for barter )

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Every time I go to a gun show...(every other month here in PA)...I buy all the ammo I can afford.

When the SHTF...it WILL be the new currency !! ( <= That and food for barter )
Dang !..
I believe you and I went to different schools together.

I couldnt agree more.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! I used to recycle my papers but I am thinking maybe keep it for when toilet paper is non existent. I don't think I can do the middle east wiping method. I am left handed and I also have been known to pick my nose. Yep I better keep some paper around.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Hey,
I've read a lot about peoplethat have survived gubmint failures ,and revolutions, (Bosnia comesto mind).
One of the most important commodities that were attributed to surviving was TP.
#1 Was always Food.
#2 was ammo
#3 was weapons
#4 was TP

Like Shooter13 said....
Best bartering item was ammo, then TP.

Read up on how some people really made it thru that Bosnian mess.
It changemy thinking about stocking up on gold or silver.:)

Trying to stay on topic here... yep, evrything is costing much more these days.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts