I Now Have A (Small) Collection

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by kde71450, Jan 20, 2015.

1. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

For a year and half I relied on my Ruger SR40C for everything. My wife one day came to me and showed me a picture on her smart phone and said "I WANT THIS" It was a Raspberry LCP. I got it for her but she has arthritis and finds it to rough to shoot. So i sent her to a trainer who let her shoot her 9mm Glocks. She then wanted the G26. I wangled a G19 for me ( Yes i know it's the darkside). Last October I was at the range and bought five raffle tickets from them. Jan 2nd I get a call I won first prize a G42. What I have found is that I like both the G19 and the SR40C. Around the house and when I am out during the day I carry the G19. When we go out at night I change to the SR40C (I have night sights and like the extra oomph of the .40S&W.) I do believe at 64 my future is in 9mm. But I do love that SR40C
    [​IMG] SR40C with XS Big Dot Sights

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I also favor my SR40C and the 40 cal.
    Sorry but I have to lol because I once had a couple guns which became a small gun collection which became a much bigger collection. I found I had to quit reading gun reviews because that led to my searching for and then buying the guns. My safe seemed to be shrinking so I sold off 10 which was about half of my handguns, those I really wasn't to interested in. LOL then I bought five more after I said I didn't need any more guns.
    It's addictive I tell you. I have a weakness for revolvers for sure.

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

G19 (9mm) is my favorite all around pistol. I own .380s as well. Some people might like a Makarov 9x18 as a change of pace if they can't find a poly .380 that fits them.

5. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

kde,
    How does your wife like the G42?

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    You told me to quit reading those gun magazines and getting crazy ideas in my head. Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?????:cheesy:
    Tommy

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

LOL I was just reading a thread about the Sig P238 and dang if I didn't get on Gunbroker and bid on new one including a holster for $440 which was a pretty good deal. But I told myself I will not up my bid as I didn't really want a 380 again. The winning bid was $5 more than my bid. Yup I should do as I say. I would save a lot of money that way. I also bid on 3150 rounds of .22lr which I also was outbid by $5. I hate getting bumped.
    Ok Tommy I will be watching what you buy next. I see you still have the hair poking you. That's alright you go ahead and laugh at me. I can take it. l even laugh at myself.
    This month I passed on buying two guns so this month I did good.
    KDE I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year you will post your collection has gotten bigger.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Now.... look...... you guys know that this gun thing is addictive.

Stop looking ... stop reading stuff like this...brand new ...beautiful....good price....

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11Scout

Lord hep me..

Sorry for hijack... but 40 is the only cal I dont own or shoot.. love it ...just dont have it. Cant expound on it.

Jim

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jim,
    I pray for you each and every night however I must say, and I am NOT being critical, but I don't know if there is help for you or not!:duck:

Tommy

10. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My wife says NOT....;), but thanksanyway.

Once I set my sights on sumpin(get the pun) I somehow end up with it..

Im liking that new Savage Scout rifle....:cool:

Jim

11. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I have found that the barter/trade system works quite well...........................I usually never have to put out any cash, I get to own/shoot many types of handguns, and the wife is happy, because I'm not spending a cent. It helps that I bought her, her own............................