Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a year and half I relied on my Ruger SR40C for everything. My wife one day came to me and showed me a picture on her smart phone and said "I WANT THIS" It was a Raspberry LCP. I got it for her but she has arthritis and finds it to rough to shoot. So i sent her to a trainer who let her shoot her 9mm Glocks. She then wanted the G26. I wangled a G19 for me ( Yes i know it's the darkside). Last October I was at the range and bought five raffle tickets from them. Jan 2nd I get a call I won first prize a G42. What I have found is that I like both the G19 and the SR40C. Around the house and when I am out during the day I carry the G19. When we go out at night I change to the SR40C (I have night sights and like the extra oomph of the .40S&W.) I do believe at 64 my future is in 9mm. But I do love that SR40C
SR40C with XS Big Dot Sights

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I also favor my SR40C and the 40 cal.
Sorry but I have to lol because I once had a couple guns which became a small gun collection which became a much bigger collection. I found I had to quit reading gun reviews because that led to my searching for and then buying the guns. My safe seemed to be shrinking so I sold off 10 which was about half of my handguns, those I really wasn't to interested in. LOL then I bought five more after I said I didn't need any more guns.
It's addictive I tell you. I have a weakness for revolvers for sure.

·
Registered
499 Posts
G19 (9mm) is my favorite all around pistol. I own .380s as well. Some people might like a Makarov 9x18 as a change of pace if they can't find a poly .380 that fits them.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I also favor my SR40C and the 40 cal.
Sorry but I have to lol because I once had a couple guns which became a small gun collection which became a much bigger collection. I found I had to quit reading gun reviews because that led to my searching for and then buying the guns. My safe seemed to be shrinking so I sold off 10 which was about half of my handguns, those I really wasn't to interested in. LOL then I bought five more after I said I didn't need any more guns.
It's addictive I tell you. I have a weakness for revolvers for sure.
Buster,
You told me to quit reading those gun magazines and getting crazy ideas in my head. Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?????:cheesy:
Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
LOL I was just reading a thread about the Sig P238 and dang if I didn't get on Gunbroker and bid on new one including a holster for $440 which was a pretty good deal. But I told myself I will not up my bid as I didn't really want a 380 again. The winning bid was $5 more than my bid. Yup I should do as I say. I would save a lot of money that way. I also bid on 3150 rounds of .22lr which I also was outbid by $5. I hate getting bumped.
Ok Tommy I will be watching what you buy next. I see you still have the hair poking you. That's alright you go ahead and laugh at me. I can take it. l even laugh at myself.
This month I passed on buying two guns so this month I did good.
KDE I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year you will post your collection has gotten bigger.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Now.... look...... you guys know that this gun thing is addictive.

Stop looking ... stop reading stuff like this...brand new ...beautiful....good price....

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11Scout

Lord hep me..

Sorry for hijack... but 40 is the only cal I dont own or shoot.. love it ...just dont have it. Cant expound on it.

Jim

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Now.... look...... you guys know that this gun thing is addictive.

Stop looking ... stop reading stuff like this...brand new ...beautiful....good price....

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11Scout

Lord hep me..

Sorry for hijack... but 40 is the only cal I dont own or shoot.. love it ...just dont have it. Cant expound on it.

Jim
Jim,
I pray for you each and every night however I must say, and I am NOT being critical, but I don't know if there is help for you or not!:duck:

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Jim,
I pray for you each and every night however I must say, and I am NOT being critical, but I don't know if there is help for you or not!:duck:

Tommy
My wife says NOT....;), but thanksanyway.

Once I set my sights on sumpin(get the pun) I somehow end up with it..

Im liking that new Savage Scout rifle....:cool:

Jim

·
Banned
475 Posts
I have found that the barter/trade system works quite well...........................I usually never have to put out any cash, I get to own/shoot many types of handguns, and the wife is happy, because I'm not spending a cent. It helps that I bought her, her own............................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts