Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fair-sized collection of firearms, and find that I seem to have accumulated a large number of Rugers, as my favorites. They are great guns, at reasonable prices.
So, I thought it was about time to join a Ruger forum. I belong to a Mustang forum, for my car, and a forum for my motorcycle, as well as one for wood carving, and I have learned a ton from them.
I have been shooting since I learned, during summer camp back in the '60s. I remember, on rifle day, after extensive instruction, we were given 3 22LR bullets that we got to shoot! (You really had to make your shots count!)
I belong to a fantastic "Sportsmen's Club" in Florida. We have 5 gun ranges as well as an archery range.
One thing I'd like to know, is how to load photos on this forum. It says to use a URL.???? (I'm computer challenged!):confused:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for the introduction.

I see you figgured out how to post a pic....Nice shootin.

Jim

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have a fair-sized collection of firearms, and find that I seem to have accumulated a large number of Rugers, as my favorites. They are great guns, at reasonable prices.
So, I thought it was about time to join a Ruger forum. I belong to a Mustang forum, for my car, and a forum for my motorcycle, as well as one for wood carving, and I have learned a ton from them.
I have been shooting since I learned, during summer camp back in the '60s. I remember, on rifle day, after extensive instruction, we were given 3 22LR bullets that we got to shoot! (You really had to make your shots count!)
I belong to a fantastic "Sportsmen's Club" in Florida. We have 5 gun ranges as well as an archery range.
One thing I'd like to know, is how to load photos on this forum. It says to use a URL.???? (I'm computer challenged!):confused:

If you're on a laptop/home computer, just go to a photo-hosting website like www.photobucket.com, and upload your photos there. Once uploaded, pick a photo you'd like to post on the forum, go to the "i" button, click there and you should get a pull-up menu - select "IMG" code.

Your computer should automatically copy that code when you click it. Paste (Ctrl V) that IMG code into the forum thread box. Viola!

·
Registered
907 Posts
These screen grabs are from the photobucket smartphone app, but it gives you the general idea.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1422675173.693503.jpg
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1422675186.054350.jpg
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1422675194.809635.jpg

I believe on the website interface, you select the photo and the "links" button. I could be wrong. I rarely use my laptop anymore.

Attachments

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts