I must be a Ruger guy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gcarson, Jan 30, 2015.

1. gcarson

gcarson New Member

I have a fair-sized collection of firearms, and find that I seem to have accumulated a large number of Rugers, as my favorites. They are great guns, at reasonable prices.
    So, I thought it was about time to join a Ruger forum. I belong to a Mustang forum, for my car, and a forum for my motorcycle, as well as one for wood carving, and I have learned a ton from them.
    I have been shooting since I learned, during summer camp back in the '60s. I remember, on rifle day, after extensive instruction, we were given 3 22LR bullets that we got to shoot! (You really had to make your shots count!)
    I belong to a fantastic "Sportsmen's Club" in Florida. We have 5 gun ranges as well as an archery range.
    One thing I'd like to know, is how to load photos on this forum. It says to use a URL.???? (I'm computer challenged!):confused:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for the introduction.

I see you figgured out how to post a pic....Nice shootin.

Jim

3. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

If you're on a laptop/home computer, just go to a photo-hosting website like www.photobucket.com, and upload your photos there. Once uploaded, pick a photo you'd like to post on the forum, go to the "i" button, click there and you should get a pull-up menu - select "IMG" code.

Your computer should automatically copy that code when you click it. Paste (Ctrl V) that IMG code into the forum thread box. Viola!

4. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

These screen grabs are from the photobucket smartphone app, but it gives you the general idea.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1422675173.693503.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1422675186.054350.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1422675194.809635.jpg

I believe on the website interface, you select the photo and the "links" button. I could be wrong. I rarely use my laptop anymore.

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the RT !!

7. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Welcome to the forum!

8. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Welcome from Wisconsin

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum