I just sent a letter to my Congresswoman

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by havasu, Jan 14, 2017.

1. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I just read that my Congressperson (Judy Chu) is going to boycott next week's inauguration of President Trump, as a way to support that civil rights leader, ol what's his name. Here is the letter I sent her:

As my representative, I just wanted to let you know how disappointed I am with you for "boycotting" the upcoming inauguration. I thought you were to support ALL of your people, not just the Democrats? We as a country needs to support our next president, whether you like him or not. I am a medically retired police officer. I took an oath to protect ALL people, not just who I believe are the RIGHT people. I would have been terminated from my job if I was to take the stance you are taking. What I would like to know is what exactly are you attempting to accomplish with these actions?

What do you believe will be her answer? I demanded an answer from her, so I will post it when it is received....

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

By law they are required to respond .

It will be a form letter of pure propaganda that will say something like" Thanks for your interest in....
    We take your concern with all serious consideration...

Basically Nothing. A buncha BS.

At least that's what I get every month.

Jim

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I really had to hold back on my verbiage. One more glass of wine and I probably would have sent the better email. :eek:verreact:

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I sent one to POTUS about gun rights a few years ago.
    I think it took about 4~5 months till I got the propaganda form letter response. :puker:

:usa:

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I think it's so shoe on the other foot. Stay home then you sorry excuse of a representative.
    I often wonder does the politician ever really get told what's in their emails or phone calls? I am guessing the same people that read emails and answer phones also send out the form letters.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I sent a letter to McCain and Flake, my state senators. All I got back from Flake was a form letter. McCain didn't even have the decency to even send me one of those!!!

Tommy

7. buster40c

I thought McCain was going to retire. He will probably be there till he dies. That will be a day to celebrate. I actually think he would have sucked as bad or worse than Obama. Now that's really bad. I think McCain and dirty Harry are besties.

8. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Well, Lucy the liberal finally responded to my letter....

February 9, 2017

Dear Mr. havasu,

Thank you for contacting me regarding my decision not to attend President Trump’s inauguration. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing your thoughts and welcome the opportunity to respond to your comments.

I did not take my decision to abstain from attending the inauguration lightly. I believe the peaceful transition of power is among the most powerful symbols of the strength of our democracy. My decision not to attend the President’s inauguration was not a protest of the legitimacy of his election, but rather an objection to his treatment of other Americans, particularly those who disagree with him.

In a diverse democracy like ours, patriotic dissent is vital. That is why the values of pluralism, grievance, and criticism are enshrined in the First Amendment’s protections of religion, speech, and press – all three of which have been targets of the President. Like millions of other Americans, I chose not to attend the inauguration of President Trump. Instead, I continue to focus on my efforts to ensure a more just and equal country for ourselves and for future generations of all Americans – regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or orientation.

Although we may disagree on this issue, I am confident there are other matters where we may find common ground. Democracy works best when we stay in touch, so please visit http://chu.house.gov/signup to get e-mail updates on how I'm working for you.

In Friendship,
    signature

Judy Chu, PhD
    Member of Congress

9. buster40c

^^Well now you know.........well you know something anyway.
    First she says " I believe the peaceful transition of power is among the most powerful symbols of the strength of our democracy." Then she says "In a diverse democracy like ours, patriotic dissent is vital." I wonder where she was in the marches since dissent is so vital? Yep she is all for peaceful transition of power. I wonder will she invite Trump over for a beer so they can talk things over?
    I shudder thinking it is people like her that say they represent us. She didn't elect Trump, the people did. We can see from her response she doesn't care what the people chose.

10. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Yep, it's all about her and "her" people. I'm very disgusted with these libtards.

11. buster40c

Here is another jerk supposedly being so patriotic. Like havasu said it is all about themselves and their party.
    The quote below is from CNS news. This jerk should look in the mirror to see what a villain looks like.
    Schumer: 'We Think We Have Done a Real Service to America' by Vilifying Trump's Nominees

Schumer said Democrats hope they can force the withdrawal of Puzder's nomination, but even if they can't, it's all about laying the groundwork to stymie the Trump administration:

Funny how the Democrats didn't have any problem with Obama's czars that had zero qualifications.

I so wish they would pass term limits.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017