I JUST BOUGHT A RUGER WITH A BRASS GRIP FRAME

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by MARYANN, Feb 6, 2019.

1. MARYANN

MARYANN Member

S o I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk Old Model with Brass Grip Frame . I know very little about This Grip Frame it is a 7.5 inch barrel se. number 80-57xxx . I will not have the firearm untill maybe Monday pictures then . Any help ???

rugertoter and Sambar like this.
  2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new pistola. Never had a Ruger with the brass gripsp frame. Don't know much about it either. Someon here has to know something. I will check my blue book and other references on the brass frame guns and try to get back to post it.

3. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Gunblast.com has a great description of single action grip frames from 1953 to 2006. This might be a good place to start looking for your gun description.

Sambar likes this.
  4. MARYANN

MARYANN Member

RL Johnson Thank You I have read the Gunblast.com article . Mostly interested in the Brass Grip Frame how I have called Ruger . The Super Blackhawk I have did come with the Brass Grip .

5. Frontiersman

Frontiersman Active Member

A factory verified brass frame is worth a premium. I would get the letter. After that, it is all about the condition. Roughly, it's worth double.

A pic would be nice.

6. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

There are lots of reproductions out there! I've seen several examples of authentic ones and not so authentic in my day! Authentic is more valuable of course! Good luck!

Sambar likes this.
  7. Sambar

Sambar New Member

Congratulations on your brasser! I own two of them in .41 magnum. Neither were shipped from factory. This one is all authentic Ruger parts. The other is an aftermarket frame. IMG_20181012_152339870.jpg

rugertoter and Frontiersman like this.
  8. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Looking forward to seeing those pics!

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hey Sambar,
    Are those sambar stocks on that Blackhawk?
    I had some for my 7.5" Super Blackhawk that I bought at a gun show many years ago for $40.
    They became rare several years back so I sold them for $325,:D then later sold the SB.
    BTW, Nice revolver... :)

10. Sambar

Sambar New Member

Those are not Sambar. Those are made/grown in the USA. $325 and up is crazy. But these are the real deal. orca_share_media1533174383336.jpg

Frontiersman and MagBlackhawk like this.
  11. Sambar

Sambar New Member

Oooooo! Purdy! Great find! Love the finish on those old SBH's. You done gooood!

12. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Good looking revolver Maryann, from your information it was made in 1972-73. According to RENE around 1,550 were produced with the brass frame due to the factory running out of steel grip frames (known serial number range 80-28741 to 80-63730). If the gun left the factory with a brass grip frame the bottom of the cylinder frame will have a full blue finish (steel grip frames are blued while on the Super Blackhawk, so when taken off the bottom of the cylinder frame will appear fully white or will have splotches of "in the white" metal).

MagBlackhawk likes this.