Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S o I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk Old Model with Brass Grip Frame . I know very little about This Grip Frame it is a 7.5 inch barrel se. number 80-57xxx . I will not have the firearm untill maybe Monday pictures then . Any help ???

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola. Never had a Ruger with the brass gripsp frame. Don't know much about it either. Someon here has to know something. I will check my blue book and other references on the brass frame guns and try to get back to post it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Gunblast.com has a great description of single action grip frames from 1953 to 2006. This might be a good place to start looking for your gun description.

·
Registered
575 Posts
A factory verified brass frame is worth a premium. I would get the letter. After that, it is all about the condition. Roughly, it's worth double.

A pic would be nice.

·
Registered
751 Posts
There are lots of reproductions out there! I've seen several examples of authentic ones and not so authentic in my day! Authentic is more valuable of course! Good luck!

·
Registered
324 Posts
S o I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk Old Model with Brass Grip Frame . I know very little about This Grip Frame it is a 7.5 inch barrel se. number 80-57xxx . I will not have the firearm untill maybe Monday pictures then . Any help ???
Looking forward to seeing those pics!

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Congratulations on your brasser! I own two of them in .41 magnum. Neither were shipped from factory. This one is all authentic Ruger parts. The other is an aftermarket frame. View attachment 12116
Hey Sambar,
Are those sambar stocks on that Blackhawk?
I had some for my 7.5" Super Blackhawk that I bought at a gun show many years ago for $40.
They became rare several years back so I sold them for $325,:D then later sold the SB.
BTW, Nice revolver... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Sambar,
Are those sambar stocks on that Blackhawk?
I had some for my 7.5" Super Blackhawk that I bought at a gun show many years ago for $40.
They became rare several years back so I sold them for $325,:D then later sold the SB.
BTW, Nice revolver... :)
Those are not Sambar. Those are made/grown in the USA. $325 and up is crazy. But these are the real deal.
orca_share_media1533174383336.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good looking revolver Maryann, from your information it was made in 1972-73. According to RENE around 1,550 were produced with the brass frame due to the factory running out of steel grip frames (known serial number range 80-28741 to 80-63730). If the gun left the factory with a brass grip frame the bottom of the cylinder frame will have a full blue finish (steel grip frames are blued while on the Super Blackhawk, so when taken off the bottom of the cylinder frame will appear fully white or will have splotches of "in the white" metal).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts