I have been converted

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by James, Mar 10, 2014.

1. James

James New Member

That's right i have become a Ruger convert. I had a Ruger 22 auto pistol since 1955 and a Ruger 10/22 since about 1970. Great guns both, lots of shooting and no problems with either.

For some reason i strayed and bought some other brands including Kimber, XD's, S&W, Taurus, Glock, and what ever… all good guns, but none really gave me what i really wanted. Until now that is. Been carrying a Glock30 for the past year, but while it is a good gun it just didn't grab me. I am now a happy camper as my new carry gun is a Ruger SR1911cmd. Beautiful weapon that looks and feels great in my hand and in my holster. In other words it grabs me…(G) When coupled with my backup, an LCR 38spl +p, i feel i am well covered for concealed carry defense purposes.

I have even gone farther into the Ruger warehouse and am now also equipped with an American Standard in 243win for smaller game and for the larger stuff i also now have an American Standard in 308win.

When it comes to good weapons that get the job done, look good while doing it and don't cost your first born, it looks to me like Ruger fills the bill.

:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

2. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

Ruger does great things. The SR1911cmdr is a fine piece.

I've had a full size SR1911 for several years now and it's just a great shooter that feels so comfortable in the hand.

3. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I really love the SR1911 and the LCR's any are perfect for any situation

BLZE

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Great to hear.....the SR1911 models are awesome.....