I Have A Beef !

Discussion in 'Ruger Firearms Accessories' started by kde71450, Mar 12, 2014.

1. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

Sometimes you see an accessory you like. Then find out they don't make it for your model. It bugs me! When looking for holsters. Some manufacturers list the SR9C, but not the SR40C. I am reluctant to go any further because the is a SLIGHT difference between the width of these two Ruger slides. Then there are those that will list the most OBSCURE firearms, but decide to not have a mold for Ruger! It is just not a good business option. (One Holster MFR has the LIONHEART LH9MKII listed, but not Ruger... LIONHEART, what a couple hundred are floating around the USA?). Sometimes i feel Ruger gets overlooked because they don't go after Police or Military contracts.

2. LDS

LDS New Member

I'm with you on this, I've just ordered my 5th holster, this time from a member on here (its used) but I'm tired of new prices and not being what I want. I guess if I lived anywhere close to a "real" store I could try some out in person before sending off $$$.

Now If what your working with is made of Kydex, get a hair dryer or heat gun and tweak it until your happy. I was amazed at how easy that stuff remolds, My son works with it and he showed me how to warm it up and man it fixed an OWB one for me in less than 10 minutes. It works very well now.
    Good luck !

3. nodakjohns

nodakjohns New Member

I agree with both of you. I have a sr40c. And to make matters worse I have a crimson trace lazerguard on it. My only option was a kydex holster. I love a well made boned and stitched leather holster. But for the money kydex was the answer for me.frankly I have two now an iwb and an owb and they are growing on me. As far as working with kydex yep its fairly easy, you just have to be respectful of the trigger area because that's where much of the retention comes from.