I hate dentists

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RTAdmin, Jul 12, 2017.

1. RTAdmin

RTAdmin Administrator Administrator

I wish I had some pain killers. I have some dental work that needs to be done that I can't afford for another couple of weeks unless I either borrow the money from my dad or just have them pull the teeth which I don't want them to do since I've already lost a few.

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

If they're abscessed try splitting a pinto bean in half longways and put 1 on your gum where the swelling is,sometimes it'll draw the infection out. I've done it a few times and it usually works. If it's not abscessed it won't work obviously.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Take some clove powder and put it on and around the hurting tooth. It works wonders relieving tooth pain. Dentists actually use clove in some of their medicines for pain. Go to the grocery store spice section and buy a small little container of it. If they don't have the powder you can take the clove stems and crush them up into powder.
    I have been using activated charcoal mixed in my "Tom's toothpaste". I use activated charcoal caplets and split one of them apart. Then add the powder to a 1" string of the toothpaste. It helps kill gum and tooth infections. It also whitens the teeth like you wouldn't believe. The reason I use Tom's is because it contains no fluoride or other unhealthy poisons.
    Check this link out for tooth pain relief.
    https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/home-remedy-toothache-tooth-pain.html

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Buster, I don't know if the corporations that sell toothpaste (and whiteners) have access to black helicopters. You should hope they don't.

whuppa whuppa whuppa whuppa whuppa whuppa WHUPPA WHUPPA

[What's that you say? too much noise, can't hear you.]

5. RTAdmin

RTAdmin Administrator Administrator

I do need to get some clove oil or something. I've been using oragel and copious amounts of ibuprofen. I also brush after eating to keep stuff out of it. I lost a few massive fillings and I know they are going to have to do a root canal now. That's going to be great....

6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I hate dentists. Hate them to the point that I didn't go for 15 years. (Hey, if it don't hurt there's nothing wrong, am I right?) But I had to go 3 times in the last 3 years to get 2 molars pulled and 1 broken tooth bonded. So I had to bite the bullet, so to speak. Gotta keep them teeth healthy, Austin. I feel for ya.

7. buster40c

Half hour before I leave for the dentist my BP starts raising. Half hour after I leave the dentist my BP is back to normal. My dentist has never even caused me any pain. I have to say he is the best dentist I ever went to. I still don't like going but I realize now I should have done what I could to save the teeth I just chose to have pulled. I can't let anymore go bad.

8. squirrelhunter

I've only got 6 actual teeth in my mouth and they're at least 75% filling and all in front and on 1 side,even with a full plate on top it's hard to chew some stuff. I need to get the 6 pulled and have full dentures instead of just 1.

9. gumpy

gumpy New Member

I'm about in the same shape. Went to get an estimate from the dentist and he wanted $6000 to pull what was left on top and top dentures, and fix three cavities on the bottom. Can't do that!
    Wonder if Pixie Dust will grow new teeth? ? ?

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Gotta tell you Squirrel, Ive known a lot more folks who couldn't get the hang of the bottom plate than those that did. Just saying.

11. buster40c

Gumpy check around because there can be big difference in prices from one dentist to another for dentures and other dental work also.

I have known quite a few that couldn't stand dentures because they would gag them to the point they quit wearing them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Wife has top and bottom, has never been able to eat with them. My mon got hers in the 60's and can eat anything including apples. Go figure.:D

13. squirrelhunter

I know,that's what my dentist keeps saying,well his excuse is the bottom jaw wears down over time until there's nothing left to hold it in there. But then again I've known a few that said they loved their dentures and wouldn't live without them too so I guess it's up to the individual.

14. squirrelhunter

That would be nice.....as long as they stayed healthy ;)

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The brother who lived his last 20 years with me owned both plates, wore only the top one. Said once his jaw limbered up enough so he could close his lower jaw on his upper teeth he could eat steak, and chew an apple after slicing off a chunk with his uppers. I saw him do it.

16. squirrelhunter

My exes grandfather could eat steak without any of his teeth in.

17. Georg76

Georg76 New Member

I too didn't go to dentists for nearly 15 years. I had a very bad experience when I was 11 years old. My mom took me to a dentist in our locality to get braces. The dentists pulled out 4 of my teeth even though I had enough space to put braces. I still have gaps between my teeth.
    A few weeks back I experienced severe tooth pain and consulted my GP. He said that my lower left side tooth is abscessed and advised me to get it extracted. Since I'm scared about the dental work, I did not consult the dentists. But, yesterday, the pain was intolerable and I took 2 Tylenol for a relief. My husband advised me to go to an emergency dental clinic in Toronto to get it extract. I'm worried about the situation. Hope everything goes well.

18. gumpy

gumpy New Member

That's a cool website! I have no tolerance for dentist either but I don't enjoy pain. Hopefully all will work out good for you this time.

19. buster40c

As long as the dentist slowly puts in the novacane then you should not have any pain getting a tooth pulled or even filled.

20. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

A good conversation about teeth and dentists deserved its own thread, and not be buried in the Pixie thread...:)

So I gathered them up and moved them over here for their own place.:cool:

Jim