I got lucky.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by redmist3455, Feb 8, 2014.

1. redmist3455

redmist3455 New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1391895807.342122.jpg I found some .22LR, including 2 boxes of CCI mini mag. One of the boxes has been loaded into magazines. Anyone else find some quality .22? I already shot off most of the federal at the range today.

2. bonefamily

bonefamily New Member

Good find!! I keep checking around here but the same lame results. However, last week I found 100 rounds of Velocitors and one of our LGS'.

3. rjtmac

rjtmac Texan by Birth • Grace

Congrats … Any find is a good find still.

Seems that it is showing up a little more often online than it has been. The ammo that is showing up is the more expensive stuff but it does seem to me a tad bit more available.

I have been very lucky the last couple of weeks. Have purchased about 16 boxes of Federal Bulk at WallyWorld ( $20.99 per ). Right Place at the right time 2 times now.

Find 9 mil Remington 50 count boxes at the Gebos I shop at 3 weeks ago for $10.99 with no limit on purchase.

Our part of the country may not be the norm but we seem to be seeing a lot more ammo available. The Academy I frequent has ammo of every caliber in pretty good supply. The last 3 times I have been in the only empty shelf cubbys have been for .410 bore and Self Defense type shells for the 12 ga.

4. redmist3455

redmist3455 New Member

I found this at a small local place called The Reloader's Bench. They sell both new and reloaded ammo. This was all new. In one trip to the range, I turned that 525 round brick of Federal into a 25 round brick.

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Wow rjtmac.....those are crazy prices. I cant remember the last time I saw any type of centerfire ammo for $10.99, its be forever. :jawdrop:

6. rjtmac

rjtmac Texan by Birth • Grace

Somehow I kept thinking when the guy rang it up it was gonna be $100.99 or $20.99 or something much higher. I just knew someone had put an incorrect label on the shelf cubby hole price tag. And I also kept thinking when he checked me out their would be some flag that there was a limit.

If the ammo weren't sitting in the bedroom waiting to be put into some ammo cans I would think it was all a dream. LOL