Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep I am a sucker for that thumpin of the ole sholder.

Didnt have any cash , guy had this rifle, he would trade, I usually dont, but, I did.
I negotiated for 2 days, drove 2 hrs today, left 2 shoguns behind (my investment of $583),came home with this one.

He was asking a grand, which is right on the money(pun).Thats what they're selling for.He is a shotgun man, and Im not.

Im happyier than a pig in poop.

Browning Model 78, Single shot lever action falling block,mfg 1977, cal 45-70, 24" Octagon barrell.
He bought 2 boxes of ammo in 1977 (40) gave me one unopened box and 3 loose rounds from the other box.
Yeah 17 shots, and you can tell it, Not a scratch anywhere. Best quality Ive seen in any gun. Fit and finish , materials are outstanding.
Even Ms Phi is pretty happy with this one.

Im betting its a mule.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
that is an expensive X X X X. I don't know why I can't see the 4 pics.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is Buster the only one that cant see the pics ?

Strange....

Jim

·
Administrator
15,026 Posts
I can see the pics........ Buster, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling, if you are using the app?

If browser, try clearing your cache and cookies

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I cleared cookies and history but still x x x x

·
Registered
182 Posts
Likewise on the pics, no go!:(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jim

I can see the pictures just fine,beautiful gun.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cant explain why most are seeing pics, but some are not.

Let me try from photobucket.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, Im thinking , there is something different about what Buster and Lefty may be using .

I dunno.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Thanks Jim, I see the 2 pics now. It looks like new and I like the added whiskey jug. That IMO was worth trading for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can see the new posts. Great look'n rifle, well worth the trade.:D

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dang it, I just walked into another deal today , that I just couldnt pass up.
Im gettin a kick outta this..
I been lookin for one of them, H&R Buffalo Classic 45-70 ,32" match grade barrel, rifles for a while,
I even put one on order a few weeks ago, found out after a week and a half waitin,"its on backorder". sheeese,

So after searchin the USA for one,
I called my old LGS, and he had one on the shelf.
So I go down there and he hands it to me, its got this ding on the forearm., says , $360, Im mullin it over , he says Ill order you a new one, (knowing there aint any) I say go ahead,.. ha!, he says there aint none to be had. He says $360 OTD.

I walked out with it for $360, Ill fix the ding.

Gouger Mountain has it listed for $499. Most places were $459 and up.
I just couldnt walk away.

My 45-70 fambly
34,32,24,and 18

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Very nice walk away with. You seem to be in the right places at the right times. I wonder how long before you need a building instead of a safe?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice walk away with. You seem to be in the right places at the right times. I wonder how long before you need a building instead of a safe?
Thats my problem , I got to start stayin home, and quit looking.;):)

Funny you said that, as I have recently built a special room ,just for all my boys. Aint that krazy ?:dizzy:

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I hear ya. I pretty much quit checking out gun reviews as that led to my buying another gun. I catch myself now and again but I remind myself I refuse to buy another safe. I sold a bunch and kept my favorites. I bought three more after I sold off and said I wasn't going to buy anymore guns. They are just so good looking and nice to have with no law against having more than just one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts