Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm getting ready for deer season-only a few weeks till it opens! I'll be packing my Savage .30/06 and my kid will have that American in .308! He said he wanted .308 instead of .243 because he might want to go after elk soon and didn't want to have to get another gun. Hopefully we'll be able to stock the freezer!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Smart kid.......Most of us here seem to just go buy another gun.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^^ I am one of the latter because I just bought another totally un-needed gun. It felt good even if it wasn't such a smart thing to do. I figure I will spend it before the dollar isn't worth squat. Now that makes buying the gun a smart thing to do doesn't it?
Oh how we justify buying things we don't need.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
That's an awesome Buck.

Way to go man.

What caliber , how far away.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Were you in a stand or what? What caliber is the rifle? Where did you hit him and did he drop or run?
Which petting zoo did you sneak into? Just yanking your leg.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^ I figured I would hear that.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Nicely done Jerry! Very nice buck!

·
Patriot
2,155 Posts
Good job Jerry.
It's very rare to see em that big in my area.

I remember seeing one that may (?) have been about 12 points.
He was about 300 yd and moving Too Fast to take a shot.

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
That's an awesome Buck.

Way to go man.

What caliber , how far away.

Jim
30-06 about 80 yards,in a woods,his neck and head is all I could see. He had a doe with him but I missed her. Shot at her first actually and they just stood there looking around trying to see where the shot come from . When he turned his head I saw his neck so I shot him in it. He dropped where he was.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
That is one nice deer!!! I really envy you and you are still out there hunting and enjoying the outdoors. Do it while you can before Father Time catches up with you. I don't realize how much I miss it until I see pics and then it all comes back to me. I had wonderful days hunting and fishing and unless something happens to my brain (it's bad enough now) I still have the memories.
Good job Jerry and I hope you have years more to enjoy it!!!!!

Tommy

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
That is one nice deer!!! I really envy you and you are still out there hunting and enjoying the outdoors. Do it while you can before Father Time catches up with you. I don't realize how much I miss it until I see pics and then it all comes back to me. I had wonderful days hunting and fishing and unless something happens to my brain (it's bad enough now) I still have the memories.
Good job Jerry and I hope you have years more to enjoy it!!!!!

Tommy
Thanks Tommy. I can't do as much as I use to,or do the same things like climbing into tree stands because of health issues,but I have to do what I can or I'd die inside,it's been my passion my whole life.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Couldn't ask for a better post to the hunting experiences sub forum. Show and tell at its best.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
My experience yesterday ...........:gaah:

Jim
:rolleyes::(

21 - 40 of 77 Posts