Howdy from Tucson

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SWinTucson, Aug 9, 2017.

1. SWinTucson

SWinTucson New Member

Just wanted to say hi, joined a few days ago. Bought my first Ruger Super Blackhawk brand new in 1979. Have been through a few since then. My interest is mostly Old Model Blackhawks in 41 and 45 and Old Model Super Blackhawks.

It's nice to see another Ruger Forum and I look forward to hearing from others with our common Ruger interest.

Good Shootin,
    Stan

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Stan , Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining us,

Blackhawks , huh?

How about one in .30 carbine ?

I like mine..;):)

Jim

3. SWinTucson

SWinTucson New Member

Jim, I like the 30 carbine also, but sold the one I had to concentrate my collection on the others. I like reloading for the 41, 44 and 45. Didn't want to reload for 30 carbine. Thank you for the welcome appreciate it!

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I reload for the .30 carbine , which the grandkids love, and the Blackhawk.

The .30 carb is really not easy to reload , because every case has got to be trimmed to a consistent case length, its critical, and time consuming.

Jim

5. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to the forum!

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from another Tucsonian, love my three screw 45 Colt blackhawk

Attached Files:

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT and yes we like eye candy. I wonder if you and Oldhand have crossed paths around Tucson.

8. SWinTucson

SWinTucson New Member

Howdy all thank you for the welcome. Nice 45 Oldhand. I'm going to have to take some time figuring out the picture thing. Buster40c, can't say I've met Oldhand, but maybe in the future who knows, especially if he decides to sell that 45 ;) mine is the 4 1/2 barrel, but I have a nice old model 45, 7.5 box that I'm working on filling when I find the right 45.

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to RugerTalk, Stan!
    :welcome:

I love my blackhawk:
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1502340763.666735.jpg

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome Stan,

Glad to see we have another Zonie on the forum. I live up north in Mesa. Chances are you might run into Handy (Old Hand) since you are in the same neighborhood. He's an ole cowboy shooting and loves those Ruger pistols. Jump right in on any conversation. Maybe we can visit about some reloading as I reload mostly .45 and now 9mm. Glad you joined.

Tommy from the land of eternal desert and oven Mesa, Az.

11. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas :tiphat: Glad to have ya.
    Blackhawks. :Cooltu: I like em'.

Sold the .44 a while back... Kept the pic.

Attached Files:

12. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to RT from Iowa. I get out to 'Zona for work almost every year. I don't like the sand or the snakes but I do love the winter temps down there!

13. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Welcome to the forum.

14. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

15. Oldhand

I have been shooting at the Marksman Indoor range on 29th street, where do you shoot?

16. SWinTucson

SWinTucson New Member

Thank you all again for the welcome. Oldhand, I am on the other side of Tucson, Northwest. My dad, Son and I go and shoot at a couple of places out in the desert, my dad isn't a fan of gun ranges. We also at least once a month go to Tucson Trap and Skeet to see how many clay pigeons we can miss! I have been thinking about the Marksman on this side of Town, I'm going to have to go try it, makes since in the summer time.

Tommy, I'm and avid reloader of 45Colt and 38 Special, but only during the winter! My garage is not air conditioned and its just to hot!

I did get to pickup my most recent Gunbroker successes, a Ruger Black 32 Magnum and a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk 45Colt, Fluted barrel yesterday, so I am a happy camper. Going to try an make time to go try them out!

17. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

Welcome to the forum

Attached Files:

18. SWinTucson

SWinTucson New Member

Not sure if this will work, attempting to post a photo, slowly learning this website!

It works, or at least I can see this picture, hopefully you can too! My favorites. Left to right: 454, 44, 45, 45, 45, 32, 45 :)

Attached Files:

19. Oldhand

Looks good, can't beat those 45s.:D P.S. My three screw 45 Colt isn't going anywhere while I'm above ground, can't say after that.:rolleyes:

20. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I lightened up the pic a bit to see the guns a bit better.
    Nice collection of revolvers there. Or should I say hand cannons?

Attached Files: