Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems I've made a bit of a faux pas by making my first post a want to buy ad. I've received messages from two moderators explaining that I should introduce myself first. I readily admit that the reason I joined this forum is because I'm looking for something that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. But it was never my intention to insult or break protocol on this fine forum. So allow me to introduce myself.
61 years old, soon to be 62 in April. I'm a retired truck and equipment mechanic who spent 25 years working for the city I live in. I am a widower with two sons, 35 and 30.
I've been shooting since I was big enough to hold a gun up on my own. I'm a shooter, collector, reloader and something of a hobbyist gunsmith. I used to hunt, but gave it up a some years ago for various reasons.
Here's the catch, Ruger is not my #1 brand. Don't get me wrong, I truly do believe Ruger is one of the top gun makers in the world today. Its just that, for the most part, my tastes fall elsewhere.
Having admitted that, I will say that I do currently own 4 Ruger firearms and three of those ain't going nowhere. It'll be up to my heirs to decide what to do with them.
The fourth one, well that's why I'm here. ;)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for the introduction,

Hope you hang around and share your knowledge of guns, and anything else, with us.

I have been to Bartlett, TN, years ago. Just outside Memphis I recollect.

Jim

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Welcome greyfox! My favorite isn't Ruger either. But it's a close #2! Ha. Seems like Marlinitus has bit me pretty hard. We talk about all gums on here, and sometimes we don't even talk about guns period. How bout some pictures?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk! Yeah, as others said, we really talk about all guns, not just rugers. Hope you become a regular on this forum - sounds like you have experience

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome to RT. For completely sentimental reasons, my favorite gun isn't a Ruger - it's a 'sporterized' 30-40 Krag that I gave to my oldest nephew about half a century ago. He still has it, bless him. My prettiest guns are a Virginian Dragoon and a Remington 700. The guns I fondle most frequently are Rugers, but hey, they are stainless, so are fondle-friendly.

A gray fox crossed the road in front of me last summer, but I don't know if it was gray by species or just by coloring.

;)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to RT and we talk about all brands of guns. Actually we even talk about unrelated gun topics. We just have a good bunch of members here so jump on in and enjoy your time spent here.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas.
As others have said, all of us like and have brands other than Ruger.
:welcome:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts