Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been registered on here for a while but never really "joined". Well, I'm here now and a real fan of Ruger rimfires - mostly Mark II pistols and 10/22 rifles. I've owned a lot of Ruger single actions over the years but as my handle reveals, my revolver interests are really Smith and Wesson double actions - sorry. Looking forward to spending some time here.

·
Registered
242 Posts
How do 28, a lot of .22 shooters here lately. You'll get it all and hear it all. Never saw much use in it but if it makes a person happy so be it. I only plink with what I intend to carry. And I'm not one to stockpile multiple calibers.

But a .22 is great for learning the fundamentals and getting new shooters comfortable, I qualified for my CCW permit with a borrowed .22 from a local detective who was running the range that day with the NRA. It was a 6 inch barrel S&W revolver. Which because of it's weight I got on paper, never would have happen with my pocket 9mm. Good thing I forgot it at home that day. :)

Anyway get comfortable and welcome aboard, if it gets too technical (a.k.a. bullshit) let it in one ear and out the other.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Been registered on here for a while but never really "joined". Well, I'm here now and a real fan of Ruger rimfires - mostly Mark II pistols and 10/22 rifles. I've owned a lot of Ruger single actions over the years but as my handle reveals, my revolver interests are really Smith and Wesson double actions - sorry. Looking forward to spending some time here.
Good Morning welcome from South Carolina :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ruger brother.
We look forward to hear from you often and share your experiences and knowledge with us.

·
Banned
405 Posts
to the forum. The Ruger Mark pistols are my favorites, and I've collected quite a few of the Ruger Mark II versions.
Been shooting and working on the Ruger Mark pistols since 1969 and kept some quite extensive notes on any of the issues that could crop up with those pistols, and have devised remedies for every issue:

·
Registered
192 Posts
to the forum. The Ruger Mark pistols are my favorites, and I've collected quite a few of the Ruger Mark II versions.
Been shooting and working on the Ruger Mark pistols since 1969 and kept some quite extensive notes on any of the issues that could crop up with those pistols, and have devised remedies for every issue:

Nice collection, SGW

·
Banned
405 Posts
Thank you sir. Those bottom two have been my most accurate Ruger Mark pistols, and they both like some of the very same ammunition I put through them, and yet, they both dislike some others that I try in both. So, it's not always true that different guns like different ammunition.
My theory as to why they are more accurate is due to the 10-inch barrels and the slightly longer time the bullet is in that those barrels, they will receiver more time involved with the rifling and therefore become more stable once they hit free flight toward the target.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Picked up a Ruger Wrangler year ago as the price of 9mm and 38 Special ammo was increasing. It’s a fun little gun to shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts