Howdy All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MadTrapper, Mar 7, 2017.

1. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

Am a big Ruger fan...got two Alaskan in 44 and 454, one SS, the other blued.
    Got a Redhawk in 45 Colt, 4.2" , one Blackhawk in 45 Colt, hankering to get a Super Blackhawk in 44, and the Doc Holiday BirdsHead in 45 Colt. Doesn't get much better than a Ruger. Nuf said.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining,

Yep, top of my wish list is an Alaskan 454.

Jim

3. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

It's awesome Jim...it'll rock your hand so a glove might be in order. :duck:
    Shot some hard cast 360's at 1450 fps in it this weekend. Then the 45 Colts were pussy cats. Nobody can shoot one without a big grin. :D
    You'll get one...not a question of if, just when. :cool: How many times do you go around in this life? ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  4. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

Oops, double post.

The thing shoots pretty darn accurate for a snubbie.

5. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to the forum MT!

(I read that wrong at first. I thought it said "madhatter!")

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

:welcome:

Welcome to RugerTalk!

I've always wanted an Alaskan in 454. We need pictures!

7. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT. You sure have some nice hand cannons.

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas :tiphat:
    Alaskan 454..... Ouch!

:usa:

10. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

Photo of my Alaskan 454 is my avatar ya'll, along with a Buck 110. Seems some good folks here, Texans, Idaho, Kaintucky. Holy cow, even from southern Kali! Where you from @Phideaux? Princeton? Madisonville? Cadez? Ole Judge Roy Bean started out in Ky then moved to Texas to set up his saloon and judgeship. Maybe he owned a BlackHawk. :D

Don't have many other photos of my Rugers. Just of my cabins I've built. Here's the Jack London Cabin...the old boy on the front porch has been waiting for his tax refund so he can buy the new GP100 44. 2nd is the tree cabin I built fall before last; name is the Mad Trapper Cabin. Hid me my BlackHawk up in it. Bear broke in the Jack London Cabin spring before last through the window.

Em boys over at Smith/Wesson kicked me outta their forum. :dunno: Kept telling me to use the search engine instead of asking old, already asked questions. :mad: Thought they were a bit uppity. (I own a couple of sw's)

Attached Files:

11. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I forgot that they was a blued Alaskan. Did it come that way from the factory or did you do it yourself?

Cool cabins btw!

12. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

Savage, It's some special treatment/coating, not from the factory...forgot the term. Supposed to last forever. (I used the word blued, because forgot the word for the treatment)

edit: the word is Cerakote coating. Some type of ceramic coating?

13. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

Here's a couple more photos of it. I like the no shine, Black look. The front sight picks up real easy. Cerakote.

Attached Files:

14. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Welcome to the forum from Hollywood Alabama! We love pictures. That way we can properly covet our neighbors guns!

15. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

Dang, another solid and down to earth southerner. Didn't know there was a Hollywood below the MD Line. Nice to meet ya. I grew up in the south btw...hillbilly country.
    Yessir, if only I had a photo of a big Kodiak bear, holding that Alaskan over it. Hey, it could happen. :goodluck:
    Like photos of wild animals? Here's that bear near our cabin.
    I think this bear was the one that broke into one of my cabins, but got shot last summer; black bear. Poachers. Here, my wife got a photo of it a couple years before.

And if you dare, caught a photo of a man eating chicken below...not responsible for pecked eyes, chewed fingers or injury.
    Then some big horn sheep...sheep imho, is better eating than moose or caribou.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  16. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member

Forgot the Big Horns... snuck up within 100 yards...could have almost got a good shot with the Alaskan, but not quite.

Attached Files:

17. gumpy

gumpy New Member

We aren't Hillbillies, we are Appalachian Americans! Ha

18. MadTrapper

MadTrapper New Member