How Wolves Change Rivers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ernesto, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Wolves get a bad rap because they might eat cattle but here is a bright viewpoint that For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q[/ame]

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Good find, Ernesto.

3. Ernesto

Ok it does come off as some eco-environmentalists dream world but think about it. You mess up the food chain and what do you get, coyotes and over populated deer herds. So the antlered animams shown aren't deer. That's just the Brits, they call anything with antlers deer.
    Every canine on earth came from wolves. They level the playing field. Wolves are cool.

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

And fun to listen to late at night way out in the middle of the woods all alone.
    Well, not all alone. My wife was there begging to huff it back to the truck. :gaah:
    Even though American wolves don't attack people and I had a .357 she informed me that I could only get six of them...... :brickwall:

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

One night here in Texas about 6 of us were fishing in this little pond in a pasture. All of a sudden we heard a pack of coyotes coming towards us. We all stood still as the coyotes came within about 20 yards of us. That was somewhat of a scary experience. Not one of us had a gun either, just fishing poles.
    Mother nature can do more good than ever imagined. I really liked the video.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

With all that fishing equipment you were carrying, certainly one of you had to have a snagging hook. And even if you only got one of them, set the drag loose and hang on for the fun!!!

Tommy

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Awhile back, a friend linked me to some documentation about wolf-on-man killings in, I think, the Yukon, back around 1900. Supposed to have been a bad lack of prey animals. The wolf pack in question grew to about 30 animals. In one case two men went missing and their sled -and bones - were found, with over a dozen wolf carcasses in a circle around them.

I don't remember the link (of course) but it is probably out there. Veracity unknown by me.

8. Ernesto

Pretty sure if you run into a wolf don't try and stare them down or run. lol Coyotes are pretty scared of humans unless rabid. Now a pack of them might attack you depending how hungry they are. heh heh

I run into coyotes all the time and they have a path that goes behind my property where they go out towards town and come back like clock work. Some alone sometimes in three to five.