Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 'minimal gunner' friend (he has one gun, a 9x19 pistol) brought over some .22LR ammo his deceased dad had stored in the cellar a few decades back. I had forgotten the labeling Remington used to use. In one box of Remingtons the case heads have a large U in the center, surrounded by Hi SPEED. the box states that the ammo has non-corrosive Kleanbore Priming. The box of Super X is Western Super X, and states prominently:
Superior Accuracy
Positive Functioning
40 Gr. Lubaloy Coated Bullet
Special Dry Wax Lubricant

I'm thinking that .22 rimfire ammo used to be a 'bigger deal'.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Bob,

You have a great find there. I still have some old Winchester Super X .22 shells on hand, maybe about 400. Remington and Kleen -bor are the same type of ammo and we used to buy it by the brick for $7.95. My ammo still shoots good after all these years and I sure wouldn't be afraid of those Remingtons. Good for you!!!!!

Tommy

Forgot to tell you- in one of my old loading boxes I found a half a box of Peters .22 rounds. Now how old do you think those may be?

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
My sister gave me a box of Peters shorts,also an old box of Federal. She found them in her house and has no use for them so she gave them to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts