How soon we (I) forget

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by VThillman, Sep 1, 2016.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My 'minimal gunner' friend (he has one gun, a 9x19 pistol) brought over some .22LR ammo his deceased dad had stored in the cellar a few decades back. I had forgotten the labeling Remington used to use. In one box of Remingtons the case heads have a large U in the center, surrounded by Hi SPEED. the box states that the ammo has non-corrosive Kleanbore Priming. The box of Super X is Western Super X, and states prominently:
    Superior Accuracy
    Positive Functioning
    40 Gr. Lubaloy Coated Bullet
    Special Dry Wax Lubricant

I'm thinking that .22 rimfire ammo used to be a 'bigger deal'.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Bob,

You have a great find there. I still have some old Winchester Super X .22 shells on hand, maybe about 400. Remington and Kleen -bor are the same type of ammo and we used to buy it by the brick for $7.95. My ammo still shoots good after all these years and I sure wouldn't be afraid of those Remingtons. Good for you!!!!!

Tommy

Forgot to tell you- in one of my old loading boxes I found a half a box of Peters .22 rounds. Now how old do you think those may be?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

3. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I still have some bricks of Peters in my 22 lr stash!

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My sister gave me a box of Peters shorts,also an old box of Federal. She found them in her house and has no use for them so she gave them to me.
    [​IMG]