How Ruger treated me... A MUST READ

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by billslcp, Dec 7, 2015.

1. billslcp

billslcp New Member

I have been a glock user since 2005 and quite simply I have gotten tired of thier diminishing customer service, followed by thier cheapening of the guns. I was fed up and bought an lcp. I had a small issue with it and called Ruger. They sent a call tag and the rest is history. I am not going to bore you with lines and lines of step by step procedures, but I will tell you this; RUGER CUSTOMER SERVICE ROCKS. I am trading in all my guns and trading up to exclusively owning Rugers.The first thing Ruger said was: "we are sorry your pistol has not met your expectations, please allow us a chance to make it right" They went ABOVE AND BEYOND. Thank you Ruger for a great customer service experience.

2. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

That's great news. I've never had to call them myself but feel reassured. Hav.....

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Your experience is very typical of what I have seen and heard about.

Glad they did good for you.

Jim

4. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

I'll jump on the kudos bandwagon, too.

In terms of sales, Ruger is a distant 3rd, behind Glock and Smith & Wesson; however, being a smaller company gives Ruger more control over product development and after sales support - and it shows in their current pistol line-up and customer service.

Buying a gun is the easy part; it's what happens after the sale that can make or break a customer.

Keep up the good work, Ruger.

5. uscg721

uscg721 New Member

Fortunately I have never had to call Ruger customer service but it is good to hear stories like these ... I was employed by Ruger 79-82 and old man Ruger really treated his employees very well. American pride!

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Typical service from Ruger service doesn't take back seat to nobody.

7. louchia

louchia Member

I also had a very good experience with Rugar CS. I called, explained the problem. they sent me a shipping label and within 10 days, weekends included, they sent me a new gun.

8. hodge

hodge New Member

Thank you for sharing. It is very important to spread good news and positive reviews of companies who stand out for positive and appropriate service. I don't expect any gun to be perfect (it's a machine; it will have an issue, sooner or later), but I do expect a company to stand behind what they produce.

9. smokier

smokier New Member

Congratulations and thanks for posting!

10. refugee

refugee New Member

Ruger and Dillon Precision have both been the best I have come into contact with in my 65 years of breathing. there are some that are good, these two are best!

11. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

A used Dillon sells for almost as much as a new one because Dillon will replace broken or damaged parts NO QUESTIONS ASKED on any Dillon press ever made.

12. Timbermart

Timbermart New Member

Thanks for the post. My experience has been good also.

13. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

I had a lower cam block pin (?) break on the SR40 a few years back when I was at around the 3000 rds count...they were concerned enough about it to issue me prepaid shipping labels to cover the frt there and back. They had it back to me within a few days and also replaced a couple of other parts that I don't remember. It's got over 9000 rds through it now and never had any other issues with the gun. The gal I spoke with on the phone was courteous and knowledgeable about the product...I will be a Ruger fan for quite some time after that kind of service.

14. zg1200

zg1200 andy

I'm happy to hear they back their product. Being as I just today purchased a 9E. I like the feel of the gun And read the reviews So someday soon I will try it out. I do also own a mark iii hunter of which I use in bulls eye competition . A flawless accurate gun Now into it's 4th year. I also want to say hello to all I just joined too