Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how many guns had you bought before you realized you were now officially a gun collector?
I started out with 2 handguns which I seldom shot. Then I got my CHL and it wasn't long before I wasn't buying a gun because I needed it. I mean really how many guns can I carry on me? It was common for me to say that is the last gun I purchase. I don't need anymore.
I figured I was officially a gun collector when I passed 10 guns and I kept on buying having over 20 handguns and the safe couldn't hold anymore.
Hi my name is Buster and I am a gun collector. I figure gun forums are my daily go to meetings. Gotta love it.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
I'm with you. I bought my first Ruger P95DC and now a hundred later I'm still not a collector just a addict lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in denial... I do NOT have a gun problem.. I have a firearm for every need that may come up.

From Self defense to IDPA to dove season to deer/turkey/varmint. I have a firearm that goes in my truck, I have a firearm that goes in the glove box of my wife's car.

I am ALWAYS 1 gun away from completing my collection. Which is somewhere between 38 and 42.. or 10 if you ask my wife..

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
I had bought three and still wanted more.........its all good...:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Personally, I see a difference between "collecting" and simply owning. To me "collecting" has a much more specific and narrowed propose and structure than simply buying this one, that one, that one, this... There's a commonality with collecting. There's a collective in it and a desire to have a specific group not just a bunch of this and that. Over 100 firearms here currently but I look at them and see maybe a collection of stainless Bisleys and a quasi-collection of 10/22's and #1's, perhaps add some older HK pistols as those are neatly tucked away as well. The rest are simply there.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
You really couldn't call me a collector I don't think,I only have around 10,not counting the few barrels for the Contender,then maybe 13 and 1 gun was left to me when my wife passed which 1 of her daughters want.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Do I collect guns ? Yes

Do I collect a specific caliber/type/antique/ specifically ? No

I do tend to drift more toward Rifles, any rifle.

I consider myself to be an accumulater, I just seem to accumulate guns.:)

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Let me finish that statement Jim:

...finding room for the new gun safe !! ;)
:D I have an empty room :D:D

But, its starting to have the same problem;)

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts