How Many Guns

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Jun 13, 2014.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I wonder how many guns had you bought before you realized you were now officially a gun collector?
    I started out with 2 handguns which I seldom shot. Then I got my CHL and it wasn't long before I wasn't buying a gun because I needed it. I mean really how many guns can I carry on me? It was common for me to say that is the last gun I purchase. I don't need anymore.
    I figured I was officially a gun collector when I passed 10 guns and I kept on buying having over 20 handguns and the safe couldn't hold anymore.
    Hi my name is Buster and I am a gun collector. I figure gun forums are my daily go to meetings. Gotta love it.

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm with you. I bought my first Ruger P95DC and now a hundred later I'm still not a collector just a addict lol

3. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

My first, single six convertible. Then on an on....

4. TxLobo

TxLobo New Member

I'm in denial... I do NOT have a gun problem.. I have a firearm for every need that may come up.

From Self defense to IDPA to dove season to deer/turkey/varmint. I have a firearm that goes in my truck, I have a firearm that goes in the glove box of my wife's car.

I am ALWAYS 1 gun away from completing my collection. Which is somewhere between 38 and 42.. or 10 if you ask my wife..

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I had bought three and still wanted more.........its all good...:)

6. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Personally, I see a difference between "collecting" and simply owning. To me "collecting" has a much more specific and narrowed propose and structure than simply buying this one, that one, that one, this... There's a commonality with collecting. There's a collective in it and a desire to have a specific group not just a bunch of this and that. Over 100 firearms here currently but I look at them and see maybe a collection of stainless Bisleys and a quasi-collection of 10/22's and #1's, perhaps add some older HK pistols as those are neatly tucked away as well. The rest are simply there.

7. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Way past collector.

I'm a certified "Acquirer".

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

You really couldn't call me a collector I don't think,I only have around 10,not counting the few barrels for the Contender,then maybe 13 and 1 gun was left to me when my wife passed which 1 of her daughters want.

9. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Do I collect guns ? Yes

Do I collect a specific caliber/type/antique/ specifically ? No

I do tend to drift more toward Rifles, any rifle.

I consider myself to be an accumulater, I just seem to accumulate guns.:)

Jim

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

11. phideaux

Well...OK...I'll lighten your load..send me everything thats a burden to ya.

:spot:

Jim

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Let me finish that statement Jim:

...finding room for the new gun safe !! ;)

13. phideaux

:D I have an empty room :D:D

But, its starting to have the same problem;)

Jim