How long is it taking for you?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Hattrix, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Hattrix

Hattrix New Member

So, when I bought my Ruger SR9c it was with the intention of getting a CCW permit. I took the class a week ago saturday. I started hearing horror stories about it taking weeks if not months to get the permit back from the Police. Made me nervous that it would take forever. I turned my paperwork in last Thursday...picked up the permit TODAY!!! Way to go Washington County OH Sheriff's department!

2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Now it's time for another class!

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ky is 3 months wait for initial CCW.

I just renewed mine , Sherif said 8 weeks + this time, last time was 4 weeks.

$60 every 5 yrs.

Jm

4. Heater

Heater New Member

I believe Wisconsin has a statutory maximum turnaround time on applications, but I can't recall offhand what it is. They had to put on a bunch of extra staff to handle the avalanche when CCW went into effect here. My wife beat me to the punch when she got invited to a special class for women that an instructor was putting on for the first time -- then it only took a couple weeks for her permit to come back after turning in her application. Now I'm still trying to find both the time and a class nearby so I can catch up with her.

5. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

I got mine in Iowa. I paid my 50 bucks, 5 years worth, and they took my picture. I handed them my DD214 of which they made a copy, and they did not make me do any classes. In and out less than a half hour and there were 15 ahead of me.

6. weblance

weblance New Member

I did mine last year. I think about 10 days. Wayne Co. Ohio

7. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Permits? What are those? Here in free Arizona we have constitutional carry, no permit needed. :p

I do have mine though for the reciprocity in other states. Want to say it took a couple weeks tops can't remember the actual number of days but it wasn't long at all.

8. justin626

justin626 New Member

In Alaska there is also no permit required though I'm gonna look into it for carry over to other states, if/when we move in a few years.

9. 00b5

00b5 Member

I too took the DD214 route. (Short course-24 yrs). VA has a maximum wait time, if you don't get your CCW (or rejection) within 30 days, your application becomes your CCW. Got my CCW back in about 2 weeks. Son in law and I applied at the same time, he got his back 2 days earlier. Tried to give me a hard time until I reminded him he didn't have anything to carry yet.:)

10. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

Here in Alabama, apply with no violations or criminal history, 20 bucks in and out the door for a year.

11. Popeye

Popeye New Member

In my area of Pa. it takes about a half hour.:D

12. LCR-lover

LCR-lover Member

Champagne county Ohio is very effecient and courteous, it took only 20 minutes and I was renewed for another 5 years. THANKS!

13. krss144

krss144 New Member

MI I was told could take 4-5 months (in Kent CO.) but ended up getting it in 2.5 months. Its all per county...at least in MI.

14. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

It takes at least 90 days to get your CC license in Oklahoma. You the option of a 5-year or 10-year license.

15. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My renewal is in , to be signed for ,and picked up at Sherrifs office, next week.

5 weeks for renewal, not too bad.

Jim

16. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congratulations: D

17. Dmax

Dmax New Member

South Carolina is slow doin everything. 90 days they say..

18. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations on getting your permit. Welcome to the club. Enjoy.