Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I bought my Ruger SR9c it was with the intention of getting a CCW permit. I took the class a week ago saturday. I started hearing horror stories about it taking weeks if not months to get the permit back from the Police. Made me nervous that it would take forever. I turned my paperwork in last Thursday...picked up the permit TODAY!!! Way to go Washington County OH Sheriff's department!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Ky is 3 months wait for initial CCW.

I just renewed mine , Sherif said 8 weeks + this time, last time was 4 weeks.

$60 every 5 yrs.

Jm

·
Registered
155 Posts
I believe Wisconsin has a statutory maximum turnaround time on applications, but I can't recall offhand what it is. They had to put on a bunch of extra staff to handle the avalanche when CCW went into effect here. My wife beat me to the punch when she got invited to a special class for women that an instructor was putting on for the first time -- then it only took a couple weeks for her permit to come back after turning in her application. Now I'm still trying to find both the time and a class nearby so I can catch up with her.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got mine in Iowa. I paid my 50 bucks, 5 years worth, and they took my picture. I handed them my DD214 of which they made a copy, and they did not make me do any classes. In and out less than a half hour and there were 15 ahead of me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Permits? What are those? Here in free Arizona we have constitutional carry, no permit needed. :p

I do have mine though for the reciprocity in other states. Want to say it took a couple weeks tops can't remember the actual number of days but it wasn't long at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In Alaska there is also no permit required though I'm gonna look into it for carry over to other states, if/when we move in a few years.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I too took the DD214 route. (Short course-24 yrs). VA has a maximum wait time, if you don't get your CCW (or rejection) within 30 days, your application becomes your CCW. Got my CCW back in about 2 weeks. Son in law and I applied at the same time, he got his back 2 days earlier. Tried to give me a hard time until I reminded him he didn't have anything to carry yet.:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
MI I was told could take 4-5 months (in Kent CO.) but ended up getting it in 2.5 months. Its all per county...at least in MI.

·
Registered
907 Posts
It takes at least 90 days to get your CC license in Oklahoma. You the option of a 5-year or 10-year license.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Ky is 3 months wait for initial CCW.

I just renewed mine , Sherif said 8 weeks + this time, last time was 4 weeks.

$60 every 5 yrs.

Jm

My renewal is in , to be signed for ,and picked up at Sherrifs office, next week.

5 weeks for renewal, not too bad.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,376 Posts
So, when I bought my Ruger SR9c it was with the intention of getting a CCW permit. I took the class a week ago saturday. I started hearing horror stories about it taking weeks if not months to get the permit back from the Police. Made me nervous that it would take forever. I turned my paperwork in last Thursday...picked up the permit TODAY!!! Way to go Washington County OH Sheriff's department!
Congratulations on getting your permit. Welcome to the club. Enjoy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts