How does Trump feel about firearms?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Tommycourt, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I was half watching TV today while depriming some brass and of course I had my TV on mostly for background noise. Some of Trump's messages I was really not paying attention to as everyone except him is dumb. Hell, I know I am dumb and Obama said we are all crazy and I know I am crazy. But the one thing I have not heard is Trump's stance on firearms. Since he lives in New York most of the time, I am sure, and being a liberal, he has some pretty archaic views on guns, firearms and those things associated with them. Deblassio (sp) the mayor is big time against firearms and the laws of New York are crazy! Has Trump said anything about his stance on weaponry? Please inform this dumb and crazy person if you happen to know.

Tommy

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Not dumb! I haven't heard his stance either. If he hasn't I'm sure it's because he's working out what angle he's going to "shoot" for.

3. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

So far I've only heard him say he supports the Second Amendment. No tellin WHAT that means.
    Obama said the same and we all know about that! No kidding, he really said that at one point, maybe more than once.

It's a wait and see thing for as I can tell. Maybe someone will pin him down on it.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yeah like they pinned Obama down on it?

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, kinda like that.
    But Trump ain't gonna get a free pass like Obama did/does.

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I went to the link.
    Well, he talks a good game. Looks like he's changed his view on high cap magazines.(?) Maybe.

On the radio I heard him say he doesn't need or want PAC money. That sounded good to me..........Lets see how that pans out.
    We got a long time to go yet.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

While many folks support and believe the message Trump is spewing...when anyone in the media asks him specifics on ANY of his policies...

Immigration ( Mexico will pay for the wall...deport the lot of 'em )...Yea, Right...

Gun Control, Trade relations with China, the Economy, Taxes....et al...he has NOTHING !!

The GOP thinks him an egotistical clown...( as do I )...and they will not take him as their candidate no matter what the recent polls tout...

JMHO...

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I hope your right Shooter. I agree completely. He has yet to actually answer a question.

10. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

As I won't be voting for him, I don't really care what his opinions are. He, like a lot of other candidates, talk about a lot of things and say a lot of stuff, but unfortunately, when they enter office, they find out just how difficult it is to change anything. He does have some great ideas, but so do a lot of people. He won't be nominated, so I hope that some of his ideas may resonate with whomever does get the nomination.

11. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It will resonate with others...

until they get in.

Jim

12. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I expect him to start 'answering questions'. I also expect the answers to vary with the audience.

How the convention goes depends on how tight the states' reps are locked up. If there is sliding room in them strange things can happen.

The Dem convention should be a no-contest for HC. The party establishment is not at all simpatico with Bernie. Hell, he ain't even a Democrat, hasn't paid his 'dues'. I'm guessing that the Dems have more to fear regarding Bernie going 3rd party than the Reps do about Trump. Of course my opinion that Trump is a maverick plutocrat clown colors all these guesses.

13. oldschoolfool

oldschoolfool In the army now..

So our best choice on the republican side is a lying used car salesman with no experience and completely out of touch with mainstream America. I'll be writing in my candidate again this go round, apparently.

14. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

A write in is a vote for the left. Repubs. Have Carly (she is my Choice) Cruz ,Rubio ,Carson, You just haven't heard much from them yet They can all be great choices. It' A year and 3 months to the elections after all....

15. oldschoolfool

oldschoolfool In the army now..

The vote I write in is for the person I write in. I vote for, in my opinion, the best person for the job. I will not, under any circumstances, vote "the party line" if the candidates are unsuitable for the job. It's like political affirmative action. Ridiculous.

16. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Lets face it, they all have said some pretty stupid nonsense. Do any have an IQ over 50?

17. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Boy isn't that the truth.
    I feel like they pretty much are all the same. Out for the end game and whatever dishonesty and deals it takes to get there so be it. :(
    Why should they care. Proven time and again they can lie, cheat and steal and still become president.
    Ok back on topic! Lol! Sorry OP!
    My search hasn't turned up any more recent views on his gun stance other than the article I posted above.
    I'm surprised he has a permit. Figured he'd have body guards like everyone else of $ and power. Doesn't mean he actually carries. Who knows if he's actually even shot a firearm. Maybe $ bought the permit?
    I'd hope he'd be more gun friendly but then we have CA politicians that are some of the most driven BAN ALL EVIL GUNS politicians and they have a permit. So I guess you just never know.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015