Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My carry, a semi auto, has a round chambered after which I use the safety to decock the hammer, then safety off. The first pull would be double action followed by single action. I feel this is best for me to reduce the chance of any accidental discharge. How do you carry?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I carry LCR revolver loaded in my front jeans pocket. IMO can't get any safer or more reliable than this. Less chance of "Glocking" myself and no worry if it is in ready mode.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gun is fully loaded (includes one up the pipe) in a good holster. Two reloads available. :cool:

·
Registered
907 Posts
My carry, a semi auto, has a round chambered after which I use the safety to decock the hammer, then safety off. The first pull would be double action followed by single action. I feel this is best for me to reduce the chance of any accidental discharge. How do you carry?
I carry all my semiautos with one in the pipe. I carry my 1911 condition one. However, I don't carry my CZ75 Compact that way. Unlike a 1911, the CZ makes me uneasy in the cocked-n-locked condition. I carry, like you, chamber loaded and hammer decocked. I carry my Sig P6 the same way.

My Glock G26 is my go-to EDC. One in the pipe and ready to go. No chance of an ND as long as you use a properly-fitted holster and use the safety between your ears.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I carry LCR revolver loaded in my front jeans pocket. IMO can't get any safer or more reliable than this. Less chance of "Glocking" myself and no worry if it is in ready mode.
"Glocking" yourself? C'mon, you're better than that.

Glocks are as safe as any other semi-auto handgun. As long as you're carrying in a properly-fitted holster and abiding by the four rules of gun safety, you're good-to-go.

Just because I'm curious, how do you define "Glocking" oneself?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
From what I understand the term being glocked came from more than a few cops shooting themselves by ND with their Glock.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The NDs cops suffer are more due to their mishandling the firearm than the Glock misfiring. Guns don't shoot themselves - not even Glocks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
SR40C 9+1(15 round spare magazine) AIWB

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
The NDs cops suffer are more due to their mishandling the firearm than the Glock misfiring. Guns don't shoot themselves - not even Glocks.
Wow I didn't know that. Learn something new every day.

·
sixtiesstill
30 Posts
Cocked and locked in a good holster. When the shtf your not going to have time rack up a round. Modern handguns won't go off until you pull trigger.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ruger SR9C loaded, one in the pipe. strong side IWB carry 3 o'clock. safety off.
Kahr CW45 - same location, No external safety
Springfield 1911 - moved to about the 4:30 position (5" bbl) , condition 1

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Everyday, everywhere

Sig 1911 UC cocked and locked.

Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
I carry my Glock 21 fully loaded (13+1) in an Alien Gear Holster for 2 years now and have never had it go off on its own. The trigger is the only safety I need and or want if I ever need to use it.

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
My carry is Israeli method.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvbv75gAfrE[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I carry different pistols a Jennings 32 Cal.auto,Glock42 380 auto.& Taurus .38 SPL +P 5 shot Revolver.:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
I carry my Springfield XD-40 12+1 in a Serpa holster setup for crossdraw with 2 spare 12 rd mags.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts