How Do People Feel about Crimson Trace Laser Sights?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by RavensRulz, Jan 13, 2014.

1. RavensRulz

RavensRulz Love My Ruger SR9C 9 MM

I am looking to purchase a laser sight for my Ruger SR9C 9 MM, and really like the green one that Crimson Trace sells. A bit pricy at 200.00 bucks, but I like how easy it is to install and the way you can adjust for windage as well. Does any one use Crimson Trace Laser sights?

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I have Crimson Trace lasers on both my LCP and SR40C. They are awesome lasers, easy to install and work great, I think there a must have on any personal defense gun....you never know. BTW..welcome to RT fellow mountaineer.....

3. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I have Crimson Trace lasers on most of my semi-auto pistols. They are an outstanding sighting system. If you are going to be shooting out of doors, the green laser is a better choice. For indoor shooting, the red laser is more than satisfactory, and has the advantage of being cheaper, smaller, and uses less power.

I have one green Crimson Trace Rail Master on one of my SR40c pistols. My other lasers are red.

Here are two of my SR40c pistols. One has the green laser, one has the red. The green laser is noticeably bigger, and of course cost more money.
    [​IMG]

4. RavensRulz

Thank you for the great info and welcome. I did watch the how to video on the installation of the sights, and very easy to install. I like the palm pressure point to activate the sight, thats pretty snappy.

5. RavensRulz

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

6. RavensRulz

How do you like your .40s? I am looking to purchase another gun in the next couple months and was thinking of the .380 for my wife, or the .40 or .45 for me.

7. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I really like the SR40c. The 40S&W round has a very manageable recoil and I shoot very accurately (for me) with the gun.

OP, did not mean to hijack your thread. BTW one thing to look for on a laser sighting system is an "off" switch. I tried the CT Laserguard and was not crazy about it because it did not have an "off" switch. Sometimes I like to shoot with the laser turned off. This was not practicable with the Laserguard. Some may not mind this; I did.

8. Marine2541

Marine2541 Marine2541

Holster consideration

I haven't figured out how to put a photo on the site tet so.............
    imagine two new LCRs......one in .357 magnun and the other 22 WMR. Both of the have Crimsome Trace grips on them. nice, eh? They're great. I like them too.

Conside this. Exact laser grips from CT: Midway USA $280.00, Ebay $229.00. Kick in the nuts, eh? DO THIS: SEARCH FOR THE BEST PRICE BECAUSE THEY DIFFER! Crimsome Trace sells them at higher prices than most places.

Lasers have their advantages, but a set of night sights are probably cheaper. You also have to reconsider holsters because laser grips change the configuration of the gun. ka-jing! Ka-jing! Just more toys you probably don't need but want for the cool factor. Military and LEO are a different story. But, Joe Schumk probably won't be in a gunfight where he's wounded and on his back. I'd get some good night sights and forget about it!

9. dug23

dug23 New Member

Check eBay, I just bought the CT model that wraps under the trigger guard for under 170

10. manvaz

manvaz New Member

I just bought a ruger sr9c. I really love the the way it shoots. Any advice on night sights?

11. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1396054286.554811.jpg

The low cost rail mount CT on an XD

12. RugerLife13

RugerLife13 New Member

Hey guys! I have a p95 and , looking for a laser sight. Is my rail universal? Or do I need to buy exactly for my gun?

13. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

The model pictured is universal and Cabellas had them on sale for 119 I believe so picked up another.

14. EnemyOfThePlate

EnemyOfThePlate New Member

I have CT lasers on a G37, a G26 and a G30 and will get one for my LC9s, but I wouldn't recommend them for a new shooter. It's too easy to become dependent on them. The only time I use a laser to aim is if I'm adjusting a new laser. If I'm target shooting, steel shooting or competing I turn off or remove the laser.

15. smart09

smart09 Mike Parker

have several pistols with lasers & do the same remove or turn off at range. as I get older 64, I fine optic sights like Williams help me more than a laser.

16. Flipflop

Flipflop New Member

CT makes a good product, I can't think of a reason to go with another brand.

But, yes here is the but,

But are you sure you want to spend the money on a laser?

Go to the range and watch/try one out. Maybe it is just me, but they seem like one big distraction and not all that helpful.

Lasers have some sort of cool factor that I can't translate into any sort of practical use on a firearm.

I suppose you can scare the crap out of someone with it?

But seriously I have a 2 or 3 of them and none of them are mounted on anything anymore.

17. dug23

dug23 New Member

I'd go with a nice set of night sights.

18. paske

paske New Member

Lasers are not allowed in Belgium for weapons :-(

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  19. EnemyOfThePlate

Lasers have been known to stop a BG in his tracks. Also they're invaluable when for whatever reason you can't align your eyes with the sights. They do have a use, but again I wouldn't recommend one for anyone but an already accomplished shooter.

20. EnemyOfThePlate

I realized today the rubber on the pressure pad on my CT Laserguard on my EDC has disenegrated. It's 4 years old. Now the metal is exposed. I have to actually press pretty hard on it to activate it. It's over three years old so warranty won't cover it. I don't know if I'll replace it or not. I've never needed it, but Ive never needed my EDC either. So IDK.