Hope you are carrying

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by Floorist, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

Went to our town festival last night. Stopped and talked to a couple deputy sheriffs. One of them said "hope you are carrying". "We want everyone who can legally carry, to carry". Our rural counties have a better attitude.

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

After the incident in Florida, lots of folks are on edge. I am.

3. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I live in St. Lucie and there are more cops out this morning and they are wearing vests. I carry an LCP and a Glock.

4. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

My wife and my 73 year old sister also carry all the time.

5. havasu

havasu In the army now..

In 25 years, I failed to wear my vest only on one day, when it was 108 degrees. Within an hour, I returned and put it on.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My wife, daughter, and I carry EVERY DAY in this crazy world...don't know why any FREE man or woman wouldn't !!

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The only time I don't carry is when I know I am going to visit the Post Office. I can't have the gun on PO property let alone on me. I seldom go to the PO and that is only if I have no choice about it.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

If you noticed Lame Brain's speech this morning on the Florida incident he did say terrorists however he managed to bring up the gun control issue again. Perhaps, just perhaps, had some of those people been armed, some lives might have been saved although I don't completely understand the situation. I know what the news people say, but in my opinion, you can't trust the media anymore than you can Lame Brain or Hildebeast.

Tommy

The only 2 things that are infinite is the universe and the stupidity of man. Albert Einstein

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I thought they changed that and we could carry at the Post Office now in Texas.
    Am I wrong again?
    I could go thru the Texas gun laws/rules yet again but this is easier. LOL

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Nope they haven't changed it. If you have even a gun in your vehicle while on PO property it is still a felony.

11. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

I carry everyday now. And I've started doing it because I've seen that Dictator Obama and his DHS, and ICE are not doing their job to keep the country and its citizens safe any more. I live in AZ and the Sheriff in Tucson, AZ has said that Obama, DHS, and ICE have been letting not only Illegal Alien criminals but also other criminals back out onto the streets from jail. And he also said that they won't even tell him where they are. And he said that it was around 33,000 that they've let out without deporting them. And that he's rearrested some of them 2, 3, 4, or more times as well after they've committed crimes again. So I now carry everyday.

12. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

I EDC a Sig P226 or Glock 26 as my primary, with a reload weak side, a S&W Model 38 as my ankle BUG. Will be adding an LCP Custom as a secondary BUG.

13. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I carry a two gun safe in my trunk for when I can't carry someplace. But your right the VA say no guns, or knifes on the premises.:mad:

14. Exit39

Exit39 New Member

I carry every day all the time except where prohibited by law (of course), and at work simply because it's governed in our employee handbook ... and I like my job. :Cooltu: But I do keep my gun locked in my vehicle. Otherwise, I ignore any place that posts "Gun Free Zone" or "No Guns/Weapons Allowed" if it is not covered in accordance to Florida Statute 790.06. To me, signs like that are a request. Chances are 99% no one would ever know I'm carrying, but if for some chance I am approached and asked to leave the premises because my weapon was seen, then I will fully abide and cooperate. I see it like this: If a place of business does not want me to feel safe, then I don't need their service. In Florida too, we are permitted to have a gun on Post Office property, but it must be secured and locked in your vehicle.

15. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

Just like Exit39, I carry everywhere I can, everyday. I also have taken to feeding a few homeless PEOPLE, by myself, every Evening. I have become friends with 5 or so, and don't feel like I'm taking my life in my own hands or risking it, but that being said, once in awhile there are a few I've never seen before, come over asking if they can have some of the stew/soup and water. I notice a few weapons (big butcher knives and one guy had a hatchet in a sheath hanging off his belt), I never leave Code Yellow in my stance, and mind set, my CCW Ruger LC9s Pro, is under my shirt. I love helping these PEOPLE, and feel that it's the right thing to do, but that doesn't mean I'm FOOLISH.

16. nctoni

nctoni New Member

I really wish that I could carry every day. I just got a LC9s and want to carry it all the time. But like some others I am a federal employee working at a VA hospital. I too enjoy and need my job and don't want to take any chances at losing it. I really wish OUR President Trump would do something to make it legal to have it locked in my vehicle on premises. There is a whole lot of life right outside of the VA's gate and it is too far to run home to get my firearm before shopping. There is no off campus parking anywhere close either. I imagine that all of those wonderful Veterans out there traveling the road a hour or so are not leaving their firearms at home just to have a doctor's appt. I wish that we could get that changed. Not to carry at work of course but to have them locked in the car. Got any ideas on how to make that happen?

17. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

:D Geez, that's a fair amount of armament. What is your usual environment?

[I read your post at a 'timely time', but I guess it didn't register.]

18. SHOOTER13

Well...I'm NOT disarming myself once a week when I visit the Post Office.

Seems to me a GUN FREE Zone is exactly what terrorists and their ilk look for...

And...since I have coverage under Article 926C of the LEOSA...I'm covered anyway.

http://www.leosaonline.com/

19. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My local post office serves a community of about 300 people, and the postmaster probably knows all of us. Seeing a gun carried open would probably cause her to tell the carrier to leave and return in a less obvious condition.

20. SHOOTER13

I always carried concealed VT...

But...whatever works for you... as a civilian.