Holsters and carry purses

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by DoubleR, Jun 14, 2013.

1. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Hey Ladies! Show off your holsters and purses here. I know I sure would love to see them. Maybe find something new I want ;-)

2. Ashlie78

Ashlie78 New Member

I hope to uploaded correctly....kind of new to how this works.. Anyway, some of you ladies have probably already seen this pic, but this is my normal daily carry. LC9 in the Ava by Looper.

Attached Files:

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I love this set up! I just HAVE to get me an Ava! Anniversaries coming up! Maybe ill bump that to the top of the list! :D

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Here's my everyday carry rig. Nothing fancy but works great for me. Stays in even when I get thrown and dragged by a horse :jawdrop:

Attached Files:

5. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

Here are two I wear the most - more so the little one on the right for my LCP. But now that the weather is hot I wear my Flashbang because even the LCP will print thru a thin top.

Attached Files:

6. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Those are NICE HOLSTERS!!!! I'm jealous!
    How to you like your flashbang? Obviously you like it enough to use it but......... Do you only IWB (or bra) carry or do you OWB carry? I can't tell if those are IWB or not.

7. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

These are both OWB - I also have a belt that matches the LCP holster - if I get a chance I'll try to get a pic of both together. I've only had the Flashbang for awhile and I'm still trying it on different bras. Learned early on that it must be an under-wire - had one ancient Victoria Secret that was kinda played out (not from me, from time degrading elastic!) - so now I'm playing with different brands. Three main problems - 1st, the strap has an industrial strength snap that is almost impossible to open/close - so once I'm set up with it, that's it for the day. I actually have to bring a different bra with me if I'm going to the chiropractor so I can change before my adjustment because I just can't unsnap the holster. And laundry day gives a whole new meaning to 'Honey, can you unhook me?'

And 2nd, the snap itself prints thru my tops and looks very weird. So I replaced the strap with Velcro - not craft-store strength, but industrial strength. This has helped tremendously! It also gives the whole thing more support and lets me tuck it up right where I want it.

Third, when I tuck the clamshell under the bra, it makes the top of the bra poof out - so I look like I had a boob job - only they collapse on impact :) I actually am trying to find a bra that is more padded on top than on the bottom, but I don't know if such a thing exists. I also have a bra ordered that is one size smaller to see if that helps.

So, I wear it it, but it is a work in progress. Usually after about 3-4 hours I need a break from it. But for quick trips to the store it's great. And I don't think the bra issue is a problem with the flashbang - I think it's because I'm just not big enough to conceal it easily.

8. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

That's a great review! I like your "honey can you unhook me"? That made me laugh out loud for some reason.
    The issues you stated are actually most of what I personally was wondering about. Thanks! I think you saved my hubby some money ;) I'm sure he'll thank you as well! ;)

9. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

I'll keep you updated on bra search - and also fine-tuning of velcro scrap - I think it's an ingenious product and although I'm tweaking I'm not going to give up on it. Plus I think it's more an issue of my size than their product. I'm 5'5", 125#, B cup (well, ok, real close anyway.) Just not alot of room on my body to hide any kind of gun or holster. Not complainin', just sayin'.
    Hubby has been making jokes about me getting a boob job and having them leave a little slit/pocket for a gun. I wish I had some artistic talent because about half a dozen pistol packin' mamas cartoons are floating around in my head!

And just fyi - Flashbang has some very nice promos - I think by going thru NRA site you can save $10; as a member of AGAG we have a $20 discount code; and I read somewhere they are offering 35% discount (this might be going on now.)

10. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Thanks! That would be great!
    OMG I. So jealous of your size!!! Lol! I can't remember ever having B-ish cup!!!
    Hubby could be onto something ;) lol
    Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated!

11. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

Quick update on the continuing saga of my Flashbang and the bra search. Found an amazingly comfy under-wire bra (Warner's "This is Not a Bra"). The cross piece is in just the right spot for the Flashbang - not too low - and it's a good width also. I went down a size so I'm on the 1st or 2nd hook (as opposed to the last hook on the size I've been wearing.) Result - darn near perfect! Seems to have almost completely solved the 'poofy' top problem. I've been wearing it quite a bit and with thin summer tops - no printing, no bulges, feels nice and secure. So far the most I've worn it at any one time is about 4 hours - at that point I'm ready for it to come off. But I think that's like anything - just need to get more used to it.

12. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Thanks for the update! I actually have one coming from another member so I can give it a try. Your update will be very helpful! Thanks a bunch! Glad your figuring it out!

13. UnekeoneCC

UnekeoneCC New Member

Here's my everyday carry - Ruger SR9c in my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. Very Comfy!

Attached Files:

14. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

That's a lovely pistol! I have a similar carry holster (different brand) and love it. It's been threw several ranching wrecks and come out strong and not damaged my guns ;)
    What position do you tend to carry? I carry at 3 most of the time.

15. UnekeoneCC

UnekeoneCC New Member

Thanks DoubleR! I carry at about 9 - left hander :) The photo was taken shortly after I received the holster and it's much more broken in now and molded to my body better. I wear it all day, everyday unless I'm going in the pool or going to bed (otherwise, it's right beside me for easy access) :)

16. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Nice! My hubby is a lefty shooter also! Matter of fact so is our best friend! I'm the only righty in our little circle ;)
    Thought that holster looked new ;) mine is the same way. Not really picture worthy now ;) ill find a picture of mine newer (there on our sister woman's forum somewhere) and post them here ASAP!